Saturday, August 30, 2008

Home deliveries are the best!

Cathy, you might want to remember this when you move to the wilds of Oregon. Getting the boring essentials delivered from Amazon is the best thing since tea and toast.

The milkman was an excellent find; his organic milk, while pricier than the store, tastes great. And his veggies are wonderful. While I might like to try out his chickens, I'm not emotionally ready for chicken to cost $3 per pound, so I'll stick with the restaurant supply house. So that relieves me of having to go out for milk and fresh fruits and salad supplies (although we'll see how his stock of those goes in January). That left me with only the boring essentials.

My drivers are all in college, and not available for errands. When they're home for weekends or vacations, I'm not all that keen to tell them to go fetch more toilet paper or detergent. And, frankly, I can't get all that worked up about soap and such stuff. So I began researching, and found that the above referenced merchant has an automatic delivery service for many items (I think I love Jeff Bezos for this). While I don't mind going out for "exciting" things (fun food, fabric, etc), I really d
on't relish trotting off to the store for some Cascade and toothpaste. So far, I'm signed up for periodic delivery of oatmeal, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper and brownie mix; all of these prices are very competitive, and my buddy in brown brings it right into the kitchen for me. With CVS to deliver vitamins and toothcare supplies, and the online movie rental-delivery by mail thing, life just got a whole lot easier in Marjie-world.

Of course, Ryan was miffed at the boxes I tossed down the basement stairs, so he built a wall at the bottom. That way, I can't go get yucky veggies to cook for dinner! Um, yeah, that'll work. Because I'm so fooled by cardboard walls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yeah, I totally believe in the delivery truck! I do have amazon deliver almost everything at this point!

Unknown said...

I still run out for everything. That's a lot of boxes! I might have to try delivery. g

Firefly Nights said...

So you're saying Amazon will deliver things like oatmeal and paper towels and toilet paper? Whoopee! Thanks for the tip.

The Blonde Duck said...

LOL! I love the cardboard wall.

Pam said...

How nice to have everything delivered. I tried the grocery delivery for awhile but was turned off by the produce they brought me.