Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thor Loves Birthdays!

Yesterday was my second daughter's 20th birthday. I spent the day pointing out that she's no longer a teenager, and never will be again, and didn't this make her feel old? Thor spent the day sleeping beside me. He was exhausted and proud of having been in Sue's Dogs Wearing Blue celebration. (If you've never seen Portuguese Water Dogs, check her out. The pictures are so high energy that both Thor and I need a nap after looking at them.)
Of course, a guy has to help his sister keep track of her balloon, right?

And,l appearances notwithstanding, Thor's head never hit the table. His sister did toss him a piece of yellow cake with no frosting (which she fed to Ryan), and I'm not going to let him see Gaylen's post, where Lucy helps her cook. My separate feeding utensil requirements aside, her picture was quite funny!

15 comments:

vegasangelbrat said...

Thor is quite a handsome pup! Big pup, love them big doggies, their just babies anyways! lol
Happy B-day to your daughter!

Unknown said...

That's too funny. I totally thought about you while I was letting Lucy lick the beater too. I thought I should tell you I did put them through the dishwasher.

Love Thor - so glad he got some birthday cake. g

Paula said...

Happy 20th Birthday Cass! My gosh, she is lovely! Seems like she just turned 19! I hope this new decade brings her much joy and laughter! So glad to see that Thor was part of the festivities! Funny ... he's younger than her, but seems more like an older brother! :-)

SissySees said...

Of course Thor was a well-mannered gentle-dog and got some cake. That's wonderful!

Tatersmama said...

You can always depend on Thor to mind his manners while still joining in the fun.
I just LOVE that big boy!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Thor says: "Just a little closer, please..."

Anonymous said...

Charli and I just love Thor! appy birthday to your daughter. She is just beautiful. I'll bet Thor loved his piece of cake ♥

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Thor is such a big snuggly sweetie! Happy DOT!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Thor looks like an excellent party guest and by the looks of things, he's a pro at doing birthdays!

Lapdog Creations said...

Thor just wants to share!

pam said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Thor was in wonderful company all dressed in his blue cap!

foodcreate said...

Big Pup!

Thanks for sharing your recipe and your pictures~~~

"Community and submit your heirloom recipe for all the world to share"

Welcome~~~
http://foodcreate.com

soulbrush said...

look at that face! he is adorable.xx

Natalie Rush said...

With that face...I'm sure he always gets treats on birthdays. :)

Pam said...

Thor loves his people - especially when they have birthday cake. Happy 20th to your daughter.