Monday, January 28, 2008

New Food Processor!

Yes, my life is so exciting that a new kitchen appliance warrants an exclamation point!

About 5 years ago, my mother in law bought me a Kitchenaid food processor. Nice item, except for the handle design. I found it to be seriously flawed. It was possible to turn the lid past the lock point, thus creating a real problem opening it (my hands were not strong enough to undo this problem, and I had to rely on my husband or big sons when it happened, and, of course, the container was always full, and I'm sure you can picture the potential messes which abounded therein). Anyway, since Kitchenaid is a very pricy brand, I continued to use it, until the handle broke altogether last summer. At that point, I superglued it so it would remain marginally functional until I could get a new processor, a Hamilton Beach, from Amazon.com for about $50. This is not the one to buy! The food chute is much too small; a tomato has to be quartered to fit through it. This would beg the question, why am I not simply slicing this sucker?

Then, a couple of weeks before Christmas, Macy's had the Cuisinart 11 cup food processor on sale for $100. It was lovely! Only problem was, "We're out of stock on these...." Long story short, they shipped it to me last week. It probably would have been worth the $160 Amazon wanted for it, but who can resist a bargain? So here it is, in all its glory, and yes, those three potatoes went through the food chute swiftly and quietly. Sliced potatoes, boiled, then stirred in with a sour cream and chive sauce. Good thing I don't have a photo of those - I'd be able to feel the calories leaping from the screen to my butt!

Oh, and the Hamilton Beach went to Charlotte to live with the 2 sons who are rooming together, and they like it just fine - silly boys!

1 comment:

pam said...

Congrats on your new food processor! I've had cuisinart for ages, it just keeps going and going and going!