Thursday, December 6, 2007

Chicken Parmesiana

While looking at the news on TV last night, I noticed a commercial for some restaurant which was having a special on some red sauce covered food or other. Since I was cooking chicken, this, naturally, led me to conclude that Chicken Parmesiana would be a nice, warm dinner in the 18 degree weather. The only problem is that I really don't like red sauce. So, I put 1/2 onion in my food processor with about a teaspoon of water to liquify it, poured it over the chicken, sprinkled garlic powder, sea salt & pepper over it, and baked it. About 10 minutes before the chicken was done, I poured 2 pureed tomatoes over it, sprinkled it with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and a nice substitute appeared. I served this with mini penne coated with butter, with another pureed tomato and nice chopped fresh parsley stirred in. My little guy protested that the green stuff was like uncooked spinach, and he was not pleased, but the poor dog got almost no scrap nonetheless. Not to worry, I made him a peanut butter sandwich, and he was pretty sure that he got what we had had.

No comments: