Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mango Minster Update

Shortly after the New Year, I received a most exciting invitation: to be a judge at Mango Minster. I was honored to be selected to be part of such a wonderful event as Mango Minster. So, before I begin, let me thank Mango and his gracious scribe, the lovely and talented Mango Momma, for allowing me to participate in Mango Minster 2011.

I was chosen to judge the Good Old Boys/Gals category. Since there's no better Good Ol' Dog than a Mastiff, this was a perfect fit. And I found many wonderful contestants. There were dogs who are in service to others, dogs with farm animals, rabbits, and cats, and one Good Ol' Gal who is disliked by donkeys, although I fail to see why. Some dogs have Good Ol' Boy/Girl names, and some have genuine Good Ol' Dog accessories. As one might expect, all of you are called a Good Old Boy/Girl by your most perceptive humans. All were very helpful, including one who helped a tomato perfect its sit/stay. And, to a dog, all were able to nap wherever the mood struck them. So, judging this category was significantly more difficult than I could have anticipated.
What, you thought I was going to tell you my decisions? my category opens Tuesday; stay tuned for updates...

12 comments:

Diane said...

Well done Thor you have been doing a fantastic job. What with keeping all those notes and using the calculator..... Hugs Diane

Mickle in NZ said...

My, you've been busy. It is good to see you were allowed some time for happy snoozles to refresh the grey thinking cells.

Dexter said...

That's right, Thor, mastiffs are most skilled at keeping secrets. Hehehe. It sure has been nice to have another full sized doggie to hand out with (even if you did kind of crowd the beds).

Slobbers,
Mango

gemma said...

Keep up the good work Thor -- looking forward to the pick of the - are they litters still at the Good Old Boy/Gal stage? Whatever...can't wait to see the winner.

SissySees said...

Wow. It's a lot of work being a judge. I hope you're getting extra treats to compensate for all of that effort!

Sue said...

You are so organized, but that's probably from being in the schoolroom so often. Good job, Thor.

Lapdog Creations said...

Thor, it looks like you're stressing out... poor boy!

Kapitein Haakje said...

well done thor ^^
we cant wait :D



Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

gMarie said...

Thor - You are a great judge. Look at the work and thought you've put into judging. I'm sure Mango is thrilled to have you. g

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a wonderful, great superb judge. Do you take bribes?
Benny & Lily

violett said...

Thor, I know you will be a wise, incorruptible judge!
It is a pity that you do not judge me, because I am a cracker dog.

Must I say now "Your Reverend"?
with a big bow: Mischka

Anonymous said...

:-(