Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh, My Aching Kitchen


'Twas the week before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except Dan and his father and their hammers (motto: "I have a hammer the right size for this job").

They're repairing the subfloor and replacing the tile in half the kitchen. It does need to be done, since about half the tile are cracked at least once, and many have lovely spider webs throughout.

Just what I wanted to see 7 days before Christmas. None of y'all have any real problems after all, now do you? At least they won't be taking apart my breakfast room until after the New Year.

Poor Thor is hiding in the mud room, behind closed doors, because the banging made him cry.

9 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Ohhhh - Poor Thor - lol.

Paula said...

Oh Good Lord! How does one repair a sub floor anyway?? I hope your fellas aren't early birds who will be pounding away at 6:00 am! Poor Thor ... I hope he has his lobster!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

How I don't envy you. But from what you've shared with us about your family, your wrries will be for naught. They will have that floor repaired before you need to get busy in there for Christmas.

SissySees said...

Poor Thor. Our Fred found any home repair rather stressful too. Can't wait to see the new floor!

Ann Made Studio said...

Ah oh :) I'm sure the job is in very good hands and all will be back to normal before Christmas cooking begins..

grace said...

yikes--nothing like some added stress during the holidays! i hope they know what they're doing. :)

Pam said...

No fun. I hope it goes fast...give Thor a hug for me.

Linda said...

Oh just what you don't need but need! Better send Thor over here where it's quiet. I'd give him and you some hugs.

pam said...

Poor Thor! And poor you! I hate to see a torn up kitchen!