Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thor Had Visitors!

Well, these people really came to visit us. Just don't tell Thor that.

There was a golden retriever in this car. He's a very nice dog. He's just young, like about 2 years old. So when he was leaping around and trying to funfight with Thor, poor Thor just stood there looking around. After a minute or 2, he walked over and sat down next to my husband, as if to say, "Daddy! Protect me from this child who won't sit down and be nice!" Of course, I didn't have my camera outside at that time. The visiting dog was astonished at having acres across which he could simply run unfettered; he'd never actually done that!
When the dog and his humans were leaving, Thor went to inspect the back of their Jeep. You never know; they might have food in there! The picture's dark, because the flash went off, causing the taillights to make a bright spot in the photo.
After determining there was no food, Thor checked the backseat. Finding that young dog sitting there, he decided this was not his car, and wandered back to sit next to me. Sometimes visitors are just wearing on a poor guy!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

poor Thor, he really is an 'only' dog isn't he? Lucy was playing with Beau like that this morning. Beau wasn't having much of it. g

Cindy said...

OMG. I laughed. Thor and Grover have so much in common. The only time I can get Grover to socialize with other dogs is when I drop him off for day care at the cageless kennel. He still spends most of his time with the college kids who care for the dogs.

The Blonde Duck said...

Of course they were there to see Thor. Just like you exist to pet and feed him. Queen Bitty demands that Thor fed-ex his bones over. She wants to sniff them and ignore them, just because she can.

Of course, he could eat her for lunch.

Paula said...

Ah, the gentle giant shows his patience again. I bet he'd much rather play with his boys anyway.

Hope you, at least, had a fun visit! Looks like your friends are towing a boat! I wonder if Thor would enjoy the water? Or would he stand at the very edge of the bank keeping watch? The first time I took our old dog to the river, she didn't quite know what to do. She was so upset to see her "kids" in the water (even though they were in the very shallow section), and her loyalty to them finally coaxed her in. She was much happier when everyone came out of the water where she could protect them much more easily! Ah, I miss my ol' girl.

dogquilter said...

Great pics of Thor. They sure are funny aren't they? Charlotte would react like Thor but Wilbur would have run around like a crazy dog with the pup. :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't they come to see him? You know he might be able to read and see this.

Paula said...

LOL! Poor Thor! he is such a kind heart though.
I hope the next visitors leave food for him in their car.
:)
By the way the magic cake in the post below is heavenly!

Linda said...

Poor Thor, ours run and hide when Max comes (my friends dog) and won't come out 'til he leaves.
P.S. I've been looking for that magic cake (last post) recipe for a while, thanks!

Lapdog Creations said...

Poor guy.. .glad to hear he leaves the bunnies alone though! :)

SissySees said...

Cute! Sissy is positive all visitors are hers too, but that includes the 4-legged ones too.

Pam said...

What a beauty Thor is!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I can tell Thor is one of your babies too! I think I'm caught up on your blog now and I am anxious to try your "Magic Cake"