Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lobster Issues

No, I'm not cooking lobster. I'm not in Maine after all, and to cook Thor's Larry would be rather cruel and pointless, wouldn't it?

The lobster issue is this great big doggy expected to play with toys sized for small breeds.
No, he does enjoy Larry the Lobster. And Thor's always up for a good game of rope, although he has shredded 3 ropes this year. But look at poor Larry today!
He probably needs a couple of surgeons: an internist to put his abdomen back together, and maybe a plastic surgeon to reconstruct the claw? But, somehow, the boys think I'm up to the job. Poor Larry.

(And, confession being good for the soul, I did not wash my floor last night. Since it's raining, I may skip it tonight as well. The muddy footprints will wait a couple of days....lazy me!)

Edited at 8PM:

Update: Larry's orthopedic surgeon was a roaring success with the damaged claw. The internist, not so successful. It's hard to suture a crusty crustaceon when a big doggy's drooling on the hand that's trying to fix his toy!

11 comments:

Paula said...

Poor Thor! And poor Larry! Does Thor understand that Larry requires surgery? I can just see him hovering right next to you as you perform the necessary procedure! Looking forward to post op photos!

Unknown said...

Well I definately think that you are up to the task of repairing Larry.

However, if you can see muddy footprints in that floor you have bigger OCD issues than I imagined! g

The Blonde Duck said...

Awww! Larry needs surgery, stat!

Anonymous said...

I bought a lobster for my pup a long time ago, gawd he loved it.

Debra said...

Larry the lobster looks like he is in pain....LOL

Lovely dog!!

Linda said...

Umm, I would have to say that you need a plastic surgeon in a very most literal sense! I fianlly got Notshy a Kong that she couldn't destroy in a single sitting.

Pam said...

You are such a good Mom! Thor must be one happy dog now that Larry is back in one piece.

Paula said...

Sounds like the patient will make a full recovery. Love the Calvert paper operating table! :-)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Thor is very luck to have a resident surgeon. We have a large dog and it's hard to find toys that she won't tear up in five minutes. Btw...your almond parmsean....sounds amazing...I'm drooling!

dogquilter said...

How funny! You are right about there being a lack of toys for bigger dogs that will hold up.

Natalie Rush said...

awe!! poor lobster!! I'm sure it wouldn't last a day in our house! :)