Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Banana Muffins

Some of you may remember that I love muffins, especially mini muffins. There is nothing like a great, warm stack of semi-sweet goodness. Everyone can have as many or few as he wishes, and the variations we, the cooks, can make are endless!

So, with my motherlode of bananas, what would be more natural th
an to think, "Quick! I shall make banana muffins!" These were dessert, and both late-night munchies and breakfast for my dearly beloved. I ate two: one for dessert, and one for breakfast. I was happy. And, at those quantities, these are not a butt-enhancing experience!

BANANA MUFFINS

1-3/4 cups flour

1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 banana
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Sugar to top

Preheat oven to 400. Grease or spray 24 mini muffin pans, or 12 regular muffin pans.

Break the banana into pieces, and beat it with the egg and sugar. Stir in the flour, baking powder, milk and oil, and combine well. Stir in the nuts, and spoon into the muffin cups. Sprinkle a bit of sugar over the top of each (my experience is that less than 1/2 tsp sugar per muffin is plenty!). Bake the mini muffins for 11 to 14 minutes, or regular sized muffins for (as a guess) 15 to 17
minutes.
I promise, you will enjoy these.

8 comments:

Peter M said...

I do enjoy banana muffins...with a strong coffee, double-double!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Your banana muffins look so moist and delicious. I'm a banana lover too. Your banana cake is to die for! You have some great ways to use up your banana supply

Paula said...

Oh please move to Oregon. The house diagonally across the street is for sale! Just think of all the rainy day baking you could do!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love muffins and I love bananas! Perfect combination! I wish I had a batch of those to take to Shreveport!

Unknown said...

You don't know for sure that I would love them. I probably would, but . . . Of course when I bake I end up with little hard lumps that could pass for heating fuel. JB does the baking of muffins, bread, cookies & cakes in our house, I only bake things that are intentionally dense. :) g

Pam said...

Now I don't know what to do. The waffles looks so good and the muffins sound amazing. I only have a few bananas that are ripe. Decisions, decisions.

Anonymous said...

It only makes sense you made muffins! How many more bananas do you have?

grace said...

moist muffins, marjie. (that's some fierce alliteration for a wednesday morning!) :)