Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Garden Tuesday: Before Most of the Storm

Many of you were attacked by the snow and rain storm over the weekend.  We had a little snow on Saturday, and these pictures were taken that afternoon, when it was bright and sunny.

The white mulberry tree out front:
 Pine tree branches on the tree across the street, next to my mailbox (OK, so they might be hemlock.  They can sue me for slander, if they wish.):
 Blue spruce in the back yard, as seen through a poplar tree:
 Elm trees, pine and other assorted lovelies in the late afternoon sun:
Mrs. Santa brought a new zoom lens, and so I had to try it out, to be certain that it's just right.  I was no more than 12" from one door or the other when I took these pictures.

What, you thought I was tromping outdoors in the snow, even just 2" of snow?  Hah!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

5 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

We didn't get much snow either, Marjie but, it sure is cold!!! I just saw on the news that yet another one is on the way...Love the Poplars, I want one or two or three:)

Thanks for sharing, Marjie...Stay warm:)

SissySees said...

Same here. Light on the snow, heavy on the cold. Brrrr... but your new lens is lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is like Little Women territory -- not that there are any little women at your house. Except for, well, you know.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Beautiful. Mom was visiting uncle in PA during heavy snow a few years ago. Gorgeous. Good idea, a zoom lets you stay inside and snap
Lily

Pam said...

Looks like the new lens works GREAT!