Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thorsday: A Retrospective, Part 2


Welcome back for another look at life with Thor. A mastiff is an easy guy to get along with. A great game of "Rope", and everyone's happy!
Thor's been on hand for everything, from welcoming guinea pigs into the family to romping in the snow.

Keep your toys at hand, and help your brother by wearing his tool belt, if necessary.
Now, allow Thor to demonstrate how a dog can sit on the sofa without Mom going ballistic.
That is, when he's not outside guarding his smaller friends of both biped and quadruped variety.
Thor supervises game playing...
...and garden building.
And we have to be certain that guinea pig gets his fair share of the veggies.
Birthday celebrations are terrific! And one year we even got him to wear the non-traditional birthday hat!
Santa Claus talks to big dogs, too.
And how could anyone hang a wreath out front without assistance from a mastiff?
Everyone plays "Rope" now and again...
...when we're not all in school.
The love of a dog is the greatest thing anyone can have!
Next Wednesday is Thor's 9th birthday! Applesauce Meringue Cake for all! Happy Thorsday, everyone.

19 comments:

Dexter said...

Happy Thorsday again! You are a super busy guy with lots of jobs. It makes me happy to see that you are nine years old because I am five and momma sometimes worries about me. I will live forever like you, right?

Slobbers,
Mango

SissySees said...

What a lovely walk through Thor's life thus far. He's such a grand guy. I hope Mango's right and he does live forever, because time with an exceptional pet is never long enough.

I think all of May should be Thor's birth-month. Hmmm... I'll have to put the ever-thoughtful Gretchen onto that task...

buffalodick said...

We have a "rope bone" for tug of war and fetch...

gMarie said...

Happy Thorsday - it is the light to my week :) Happy birthday big guy! Love the retrospective and you are right - everyone should have the chance to be loved by a dog. g

Dawn said...

Happy early Birthday Thor....love all your pics! I was waiting for him to have the guinee pig in his mouth...didn't realize it was real at first! Such a sweet boy!

Diane said...

This is the first time in my life I have not owned a dog so I am really enjoying the updates on Thor. I am beginning to feel like he is part of my family. Diane

Sue said...

My guys have decided that we'll all celebrate Thor's birthday next Wednesday. Watch for pics. He is a very special dog and part of the family.

Lapdog Creations said...

Great pics - I esp love the one of Thor and his little friend with the salad... precious!

Pam said...

I just love the big guy! The guinee pigs are awfully cute too.

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the picture of him with the guinia pig. He's like a gentle giant.

Unknown said...

Wonderful post!! And I LOVE the picture of you watching while the guinea pig is munching away on some salad....oooh, so gorgeous!! I can see that you are the perfect gentleman, Thor - and it's wonderful that you're involved in so many aspects of your humans' lives! They are so lucky to have you!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. what is it with you Mastiffs & toolbelts? Mango is always going on about his too!

Janet said...

Thor is such a handsome guy with so many responsibilities. I love the pictures of him sharing the couch and with the guineas.

Paula said...

Ah, gentleman Thor is loved by all blogland. I so enjoy reading his updates. It was nice to see Larry the Lobster again, too. Hope he has an awesome birthday next week!

grace said...

thor could devour the guinea pig in one bite. i continue to be in awe of his size! :)

tavolini said...

What a wonderful post! I feel like I'm hanging out with the whole family :) Happy Birthday to Thor, indeed!

Deana Sidney said...

Thor and the guinea pig are just too much.. He looks so gentle and sweet!

gemma said...

Just love him!

monica said...

Life sure wouldn't be the same for y'all without Thor!! Great family pics!

Kathy R said...

What a great guy Thor is! Hope he has a fantastic birthday.