Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cookbook Wednesday: Too Busy?

Yes, the title is correct: Too Busy To Cook?  And who amongst us hasn't had such days?
 I mail ordered this from Bon Appetit magazine back around 1984.  The mail order receipt has been carefully tucked inside this cookbook ever since.
 The recipes are pretty simple, and at the beginning of every section is a brown bar containing handy tips for when simple recipes just aren't easy enough.
 There are some pretty pictures, but not that many.
 Every section contains those handy tips.



 In each category, you have your hot section,
 the do ahead section,
 and the microwave section.

 I want this dessert.  Now.  I never have the patience to arrange my berries so prettily.
 And, being Bon Appetit, of course they had to include a chart which tells you which cheeses go well with which wines.
 This is Cookbook Wednesday, in honor of Louise, who is on hiatus for the summer.
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

5 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Somehow I don't think of Bon Appetit recipes when I think of being too busy to cook... lol :)

Anonymous said...

I can't remember whether I actually dropped my recommendation over here. But it's Lulu's Provencal Table. I bought the book in the early 90's, and it's in rather sorry shape now, from my constant visits. The pictures and text are glorious.

Diane said...

I would like that book, my life seems to have got busier and busier! If it was not for N getting hungry I am sure I would just grab vegetables raw from the garden and never cook anything :-)) Hope that all is well Diane

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looks like a good book. Mom is always to busy to cook
Lily & Edward

Pam said...

It looks like a good one!