Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Garden Tuesday: A Harbinger of Things to Come

The day before Thanksgiving, we got 8" of snow.  Shannon's fiance had been planning to go "axing" with Mark, but when he saw the snow, he got excited.



See how the front paths had been shoveled?

That's not all.  The silly men - Chris, Patrick, Dan, Jeff and Mark - shoveled from the front gate around to the garage, which is about 1/4 mile.  Indeed, my plow man was confused when he showed up later, and called me to ask why I'd hired a new plow service instead of calling him.

Five guys with shovels can be loony.  But they professed to have fun!

We did have some freezing rain this morning.  It's currently raining, and we are supposed to get about an inch of rain.  But it's supposed to get colder, and the predictions by the 2 local weather stations are 3" to 6", or 1" to 8" of snow, while the National Weather Service says 8" to 10".  Mark had a snow (ice) day today, and likely will have another tomorrow.

Welcome to winter, everyone!

8 comments:

Sue said...

We saw the sun yesterday. I feel like that silly groundhog. Today it's cold and gloomy again.

~~louise~~ said...

I know it looks pretty and all Marjie and that boys and girls can have fun it and all that good stuff but...I am just not into the snow thing this year, AT ALL!!!

Now that the business is gone, I really may think of becoming a snow bunny, lol...

So far we have nothing, not even rain. We have all kinds of ranges for predictions. I'd be happy with none but 1 inch would be OK I guess.

I may not welcome Winter this year either, gumpy me:(

Big Dude said...

Sounds like winter has arrived. Good to know those young men have a skill they can fall back on.

Debbie Cook said...

Brrrrr!

Pam said...

Good boys!!!

Lapdog Creations said...

Pretty shots!

SissySees said...

Here comes winter... So far, we haven't had wet and cold collide, but the Knight says my wishes for a white Christmas have potential. I don't put much stock in long-range forecasts, but we'll see...

Dexter said...

We also had a bit of a weather event on Thanksgiving. My biggest challenge was keeping everything senior citizen safe for my visiting parents, but it all worked out. It's always a fun holiday.

Mango Momma