Monday, January 21, 2013

Fish With Capers

I was running really late the other night, in no small part because my dearly beloved had decided to reorganize a file containing 17 years worth of records, and I had to assist.  So I did something I've probably never done before, and cooked an entire meal on the top of one stove.  It's a little crowded, isn't it?



And, yes, it was 10PM.

Anyway, because it would be fast and easy, I decided to cook fish, borrowing an idea from Larry, AKA Big Dude.  Here it is.

FISH WITH LEMON AND CAPERS

White fish filets
1 tbsp margarine or butter per pound of fish
1 tsp lemon juice per pound of fish
1 tsp capers per pound of fish
pepper
No Salt!

Melt the butter in a pan.  Saute up the capers for a minute, then stir in the lemon juice and add the fish.  Note: Mine were really thick, so I cut them into chunks to make the cooking go faster.  Cook the fish until it's done, turning partway through the cooking.  Don't add extra salt!  The capers are quite salty, and that's all you need.  Serve over a bed of rice or pasta.

See?  Fast and delicious.

Happy Monday, everyone.

10 comments:

gMarie said...

My stove top often looks like that. I don't see the problem at all. :) The fish looks yummy - I may use that later in the week. I cleaned and organized freezers today until my fingers were numb! g

Anonymous said...

I love capers. I grew a caper plant (and prior to that time had always assumed they were some sort of seafood), but I never clipped the capers at the right time because the flowers are so strange and beautiful.

Sarah said...

I love it! That's a keeper.

Big Dude said...

Looking good Marjie and thanks for the mention - I have another version of it coming out tomorrow.

Lapdog Creations said...

And I thought we'd been eating late!

Rhodesia said...

I love quick meals like that, sounds good to me despite it being a bit late in the day for eating :) Take care Diane

Claire S. said...

Looks yummy - I wish hubby liked fish !

Considering attempting menus this year - yep, January and still 'considering' LOL Maybe it'll help those 'I forgot to take something out of the freezer ! What on earth are we gonna eat ?!' days

Two French Bulldogs said...

Momma loves those capers things
Benny & Lily

SissySees said...

The Knight saw the title and announced I needn't bother reading any further. Hem.

Pam said...

Dinner at 10pm! You are good... I would have had everyone eat a bowl of cereal. The fish looks tasty - I love it with a caper and lemon sauce. YUM!