Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tuna Melt

Bet you all thought I forgot how to cook, right? Well, not really. But I feel like I've been on autopilot of late.

Anyway, for lunch of late we've been having tuna melts. This particular lunch was on my French Bread, toasted under the broiler at 350F (my new stoves have adjustable broilers - wowsers!) for a minute, then tuna, tomato and mozzarella placed on it, and returned to the broiler for 3 minutes. The worst thing my dearly beloved could think of to say was that his sandwich was "too fat".

And have any of you tried the new Kraft mayonnaise with olive oil and much less fat? It tastes just like regular mayonnaise. I do recommend it. And if anyone from Kraft is reading, you're welcome.

9 comments:

Sue said...

I'm heading out for some clam chowder. I've been thinking about it for several days and need to get my fix.

SissySees said...

Love tuna and most anything. That Kraft is on my grocery list. I think I'm finally going to the store tonight... maybe.

Big Dude said...

After your holiday, I'm sure I did not think you forgot how to cook. I've been trying to think if I've ever had a tuna melt, but can't say for sure.

pam said...

When I was a teenager (way back when), we used to walk to the mall and treat ourselves to lunch at woolworth's. I always had their tuna melt.

gMarie said...

hmmm - tuna melt looks good. I have made it with asperagus before too. Umm - we use best foods the one with the olive oil. g

gemma said...

I love tuna melts and give me a too fat one any day. Yours looks fabulous. Use the olive oil Kraft mayo and love it too,.

Diane said...

We love tuna and this looks delicious. Dciane

Linda said...

I didn't think you forgot to cook.......probably just eating your way through leftovers. This does look good.....gooey good and I do use the olive oil mayo.

Lapdog Creations said...

YUM!