Wednesday, July 10, 2019

What I've Done....

First, Produce Box, Week 8:

They made a mistake and sent me 2 boxes.  That's OK; I can live with that.  Included:  4 butternut squash (I've been steaming them up for lunch of late), 3 eggplant, 4 zucchini, 3 bunches of carrots (2 large, one small; I think the tops can make soup), 2 fennel bulbs, English cucumbers, onions, mushrooms, garlic scapes, green beans, rainbow chard, mangoes, plums, apples, limes.

The limes are involved with my chicken tonight.  I might even remember to take pictures....

What I've done with previous veggies, since I haven't been able to remember to blog, but I did take some number of pictures.  I know; it surprised me, too.

Broccoli that was starting to bloom.  It tasted fine; the boys thought it looked weird.  I told them to quiet down and eat, or go hungry.  We tolerate no fussbudgets in this household.

Breakfast: I often saute up some quartered grape tomatoes, then add eggs and cook them sunny side up.  Why not?  I'm not that big a fan of scrambled eggs, and this works for me.


Lunch one day: Leftover pork fried rice, with cut up broccoli, cooked in the microwave for a couple of minutes.  My bowl is pretty; that makes it taste even better.


 Red kale, sauteed in olive oil with garlic.  I don't remember what the chicken was, although it's plain that lemon was involved.


 Roasted beets. I'm still not that big a fan.  I tossed them with olive oil and Himalayan pink salt and roasted them for a while.  I can take them or leave them.  There were more in my box last week, so I guess it's a good thing that I don't entirely hate them.


 Salad: Red leaf lettuce, shredded carrots, diced apple, slivered almonds and Italian dressing.  Rather normal, even boring, fare.

 So, that's some of what's been going on with my produce boxes for the last 7 weeks.  I see ratatouille in the future, like maybe Friday night, and I"m going to have to learn what to do with chard.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

5 comments:

bbarna said...

It all looks yummy! That looks like broccolini. I had some in my garden this year.
Barb

Big Dude said...

Looks like you're making good use of the veggies.

Rhodesia said...

Excellent veggies they look fabulous and you are clever at the variations that you make. Mouth watering photos. Hope all is well Diane

pam said...

Look at all your photos!!!

I love roasted beets - if you have any balsamic vinegar, it's great to toss them in a little of that or some honey before roasting. Makes them even sweeter. Have you tried doing a quick pickle with them?

The carrot tops and garlic scapes make a great pesto. I'm so jealous, I can never find garlic scapes here!

Pam said...

LOVE!!! Everything looks tasty. It makes me happy to see you blogging more and more. :)