Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Garden Tuesday: The Beginning of Fall

Last Saturday, as I walked to the street to retrieve my local paper and Wall Street Journal., I found to my delight that the cluster of white pines next to the street had shed its needles, covering the ground with one of my favorite things.  I've always loved soft, warm pine needles, and I've been enjoying them all week.

Of course, this is just the beginning of autumn's color change ritual, but it's an often overlooked part. It's been quite cool this week: starting to feel like the cold weather will come....soon.

Happy Garden Tuesday, everyone!

5 comments:

Pam said...

My mother in law has weaved little baskets out of those needles. I love autumn!!!

Big Dude said...

Fall seems to be coming quick now in the places we've been - Goshen, IN now.

Rhodesia said...

Ooops missed this post. Our leaves are starting to fall and we will soon be filling up the compost bins again!! Keep well and have a good week Diane

grace said...

don't some people order pine needles to put around their landscaping? you have a very local (and free) source! :)

Sue said...

When I lived in Myrtle Beach we had pine needle carpets in the fall. It was nice.