Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blizzard Update Number 1

as of 1PM, we have a good 2 feet.  And it's still snowing.

This porch has a roof.  That snow isn't supposed to be there.
 Looks like I'm not opening this door without bringing snow in.
 See those lumps out there?  Those are cars.  Cadillacs and a Chevette, to be precise.
 See the dark smiley looking thing next to the tree?  That's a picnic table.  The table part.
 And I sure as anything am not opening the front door.
 I cleared 4" off the porch at 4AM, and the porch is 4" below the doorsill upon which I stood the yardstick.  You do the math.

The planter in the middle of the courtyard is a lot shorter today.

So that's the snow.  It's supposed to continue for some hours yet.  Good thing I don't need to get out in order to celebrate Pi Day!

Happy Snowy Garden Tuesday, everyone!


10 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Build a snowdog
Lily & Edward

Faye Lewis said...

Happy snow day Marjie! Did you make soup, or chili, or stew?

Ann Made Studio said...

That's a lot of snow!!! We are having a snow day today too,however we didn't get as much as we thought.

Pam said...

Oh my! I can't believe what a crazy winter this has been.

Diane said...

Oh wow that really does look chilly and not a good day to be outside. I thought spring was arriving here, but this is a reminder that the cold can return at any time for the next couple of months :-( Keep warm and dry Diane

grace said...

holy cow! while i like snow, i don't like it THIS much! i'm sure you're well stocked with food and the like. :)

Debbie Cook said...

Wow!! I know I'm a little late to this snow party, but I hope you and yours stayed warm and dry and could dig out gradually.

Lapdog Creations said...

Look at all that snow! We got about 18" from Stella.

Sue said...

We're well into spring here, but two years ago we had snow on May 1st, so who knows!

Tatersmama said...

Oh man... that's a little too much snow for me! We got a light "dusting" twice this winter, but it melted off within a day or two. That's much more my style!