Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cookbook Wednesday: Pampered Chef Cookbook-let!

A couple of years back, my friend Chan gave me this cookbook, along with a terrific refrigerator magnet that contains cooking conversions of all sorts.  I have enjoyed this little cookbook because it's short and sweet.

There are just a few recipes from several different categories, including appetizers, main dishes and desserts.  And, really, what else is there in life?  Drinks?  Check.  They're in there.  Pocket sized and complete.

I've been meaning to make this artichoke dip for a holiday gathering, ever since Greg's then girlfriend brought it for Thanksgiving a while back.  Usually, I'm lucky if I can remember my own name during Thanksgiving week, and I certainly never leave the house for fear of forgetting where I live while I"m remembering all the cooking I need to do.  But one of these days, I'll make this dip.


 Doesn't Twice Baked Potato Soup sound divine?

And I have to make this cake this summer, after Ryan gets home from college.  Mark's a weasel; he never finishes any desserts I make.

Of course, since this is a Pampered Chef cookbook, all of the recipes include instruction to use their products for stirring, mixing, baking and whatnot.  But that's OK

So, sometimes short and sweet is the perfect cookbook, so much so that I bought 7 copies and gave one to each of my older 7 children after I got this one!

This is Cookbook Wednesday, a tradition which I'm carrying on for Louise while she's on hiatus; she'll return after her annual visit with her daughter.

Let me know if you have an entry you'd like linked!  Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Links to Cookbook Wednesday Participants:

Nellie's Little House Cookbook! 

Grannie Pantries: First Cookbook, or The Origins of Poppy!

Debbie's America's Most Wanted Recipes! 

11 comments:

Nellie said...

I have a Cookbook Wednesday entry today! It would be fun to have it linked. Thanks!

I've seen these Pampered Chef cookbooklets. They have some neat recipes in them!

Anonymous said...

As I recall, twice baked potatoes were the official dish of southern Illinois. You'd gain five pounds just by looking at them.

Mae Travels said...

Artichoke dip sounds good any time not just Thanksgiving. Good luck with the plan to make some!

Debbie said...

Hi Marji! I am so glad you are continuing in Louise's absence.
Here is mine:
http://thefridayfriends.blogspot.com/2015/04/cookbook-countdown-cookbook-wednesday.html

Rhodesia said...

Artichoke dip sounds interesting, I must look up some recipes for that as we have plenty of artichokes here. Have a good day Diane

Pam said...

I have a sudden craving for twice baked potato soup! It looks like a good little cookbook.

grace said...

my cousin was a purveyor of pampered chef goods when i was a teenager and i fell in love with many of their products! didn't know they produced any sort of cookbook--very useful, no doubt!

Lapdog Creations said...

I have quite a few of those little seasonal Pampered Chef cookbooks, but I'm not sure I ever actually made anything from them...

Sue said...

Sometimes those little books can be real gems.

SissySees said...

I'm so glad you liked it! The artichoke dip is one of my favorites.

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Marjie,
How sweet of Channon to pass a long this little gem. I've been trying to gather a collection of Pampered Chef books just for the heck of it, lol...I think I have this one but, I don't recall that Artichoke Dip!

Thanks so much for sharing, Marjie and a huge thank YOU for keeping the light on:)

P.S. Love that Straw Hat blurb:)