Friday, March 20, 2015

First Day of Spring? And A Visitor

Happy First Day of Spring!

Oh, I know the vernal equinox doesn't officially occur until around 6PM, but look at my weather.  Does this look like spring to you?

Nah. Me neither.  Those aren't flowers falling out of the sky.

On another note, Jeffrey came to visit last weekend.  And he brought a new friend.  No, not a new girlfriend; she's the same one who was so enthusiastic about going to the used book sale with me.  I'm talking about a new little friend.
 

His mother was an Amish father's black lab, a house/hunting dog.  She went slumming with the German Shepherd who lives in his barn.  Jeffrey's clearly quite pleased with him.

When I was cooking dinner, Tank came to the kitchen to talk to me.  I tried to explain to him that dogs are not allowed in the kitchen when stoves or ovens are in use. (Stupid blogger won't show the picture turned in the correct direction, so you'll have to tilt your head.)

He tried to explain to me that puppies have cuteness overload.

Tank found this small Oriental rug which I'd removed from the hall for the winter, which was rolled up in the corner.  The tiny little corner of that rug became HIS perch.

He brought a couple of sticks in to chew on and shred on my kitchen floor.  I hunted up a new rawhide bone I had hidden away for a visiting dog.  Note that the amount of rug he had rolled out greatly increased in one day.

So these were my visitors last weekend, including Jeffrey's new friend.  At least I have pictures of cuteness overload to cheer me through the not-flowers outside on the first day of spring.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

Sue said...

Tank is adorable. I predict he'll soon have the rug rolled out so he can stretch out comfortable.

Rhodesia said...

I also have problems from time to time with blogger turning photos!! I generally save them the wrong way, and then when they turn them they are the right way!! A hassle but it usually works :-) Glad to see Tank has joined the family. Have a great weekend Diane

Anonymous said...

He's got you wrapped around his little paw.

Big Dude said...

The pup looks real cute. Nothing like ringing in spring with a little snow.

SissySees said...

Oh what a cutie! Jeffery has a keeper... or two?

kathy b said...

oh those ears!!!!

pam said...

Oh, he is a cutey!! I love how he claimed that little bit of rug!

grace said...

just precious. we're thinking hard about getting a dog and i can't resist ones that look like tank!

Lapdog Creations said...

Precious grand-dog! :)

Pam said...

What a cutie! For a second, I thought you got a new dog.

You look great in pink!

Dexter said...

Total cuteness overload!

First day of spring wasn't much, but we're getting there.

Mango Momma