Monday, February 16, 2015

"These Actually Look Good" Potatoes!

Yes, that is indeed what my youngest son, the perpetual fussbudget, said when I served these potatoes.  I was looking for something easy and a little different one night, and stumbled upon this idea.

THESE ACTUALLY LOOK GOOD POTATOES

Red Skinned potatoes - 1 or 2 per person, plus 1 for the pot
salt
olive oil
minced garlic
fresh ground pepper
parmesan cheese

Wash and slice the potatoes (I used my food processor - the slices needn't be beautiful), and put in boiling salted water.  Cook for about 10 minutes, until partially done.  While the potatoes are cooking, put 1 tbsp of olive oil per 2 potatoes in a small bowl; stir in the garlic (1 clove minced per 4 potatoes or thereabouts), pepper and 1 tbsp parmesan per 2 potatoes, and mix well.  Drain the par-boiled potatoes, return to the pot, pour the olive oil mixture over them, and stir to coat.  Spread out on a greased baking tray, and sprinkle with more parmesan if desired (you can never have too much cheese, after all).  Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown.  Splendid with roast beef!  Even my fussbudget said so!

I hope my friends to the north and east are doing well with their snow.  It's largely missed us; we might have gotten 4" or so in the last 2 storms, but it's bitter here.  We're talking high temperatures yesterday and today of under 7 degrees, and lows below zero.  I got my garage door unfrozen with Mark's help, but we are staying home until it gets to be at least 15 degrees outside.  Nothing warms up a car when it's this cold.

Happy Monday, everyone!

8 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I agree with your son, they look delish!

Mickle in NZ said...

Oh, Yummo!!! My kind of cooking and eating!

And Wow to how you have adapted quantities for now feeding yourself and just two blokes - yes, important blokes, but far fewer than before. Sending love and care, and Meggles purry head-butts,,

Michelle xxx

Diane said...

These do look good and I will be trying them out very soon. Thanks for this one. Hope you are all well Diane

Pam said...

I think they look REALLY good! You know me, there has never been a potato dish that I haven't liked. I am an Idaho girl!

Anonymous said...

You cook for a tough crowd.

Lapdog Creations said...

Actually, they look amazing!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh they smell good
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Sue said...

Potatoes are a weakness of mine and those do look good. I think I'll add them to my notebook.