Monday, September 30, 2013

Loaded Brownies

This is probably the quintessential chocolate lover's dessert.  Or, to clarify, perfect for those who love chocolate baked goods.  I don't like them.  I'll take my chocolate straight up.

LOADED BROWNIES

1 large batch brownie batter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup salted peanuts
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
whipping cream

Make your batch of brownie batter from your favorite recipe, one I posted years ago, or even from a box (Betty has a good low-fat boxed mix; my boys like it, if you need a testimonial).  Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts with a rubber scraper; spread in a greased 13x9 pan (I use my Pampered Chef stoneware pan).  Bake at 350F: 28 to 30 minutes for convection baking, 32 to 36 minutes for conventional.  Let cool.  For cocoa frosting, stir together the confectioner's sugar and whipping cream; add the butter and vanilla and beat together, adding just enough whipping cream to make a spreadable, thick frosting.  Hand them out with a fork, because everyone will have sticky fingers otherwise.

Ryan and Dan raved so greatly about them that my dearly beloved had to have one of these brownies, too; they all thought they were terrific.  Mark said they were "sickeningly sweet," but then, that kid hates everything, so I'm not surprised.  I did not have one, due to my dislike for chocolate baked goods.  Just as well; I surely don't need any extra calories following me around.

Happy Monday, everyone!

11 comments:

SissySees said...

The Knight would like them, but I'd rather have my chocolate dark and straight up.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Where's the milk
Benny & Lily

Big Dude said...

Brownies are definitely a favorite especially when they're loaded.

pam said...

Sickeningly sweet is just how I like my desserts!

Anonymous said...

Luckily I don't bake, because I know exactly where they'd follow me.

Rhodesia said...

That is not fair I am trying to get weight off at the moment that we put on while on holiday!! Have a good week Diane

Blond Duck said...

Ben would love it. Too bad he's on a diet again!

Pam said...

I love the salted peanuts in there. I'm on a sweet/salty kick lately. They look and sound terrific.

Sue said...

I have a favorite brownie recipe. I should send you a copy to see how your food critics like it.
Sue

Lapdog Creations said...

Oh those look absolutely delish!

~~louise~~ said...

Oh my word, Marjie. Brownies stuffed with all that goodness just have to be amazingly delicious! I'll gladly take any the kids don't want. What? They're gone, well I guess they were pretty okay then, lol...

Thanks for sharing...