Sunday, December 16, 2012

November Sewing

Well, there's nothing like being timely, is there?  But since I don't have the luxury of relaxation in December, timely will have to wait.

In mid-November, I found a piece of maroon velour, and decided that it would be just the thing for clothing to be worn in December, and beyond.

So I started with a long sleeved top.  Sadly, I don't have a lot of red-coordinated skirts, save black and white, so it won't be in the rotation much.  That's how thing go sometimes, right?

Then I made this two-colored dress, with the pink textured bodice.  Of course, since it's sleeveless, I needed a jacket to go with it, lined in a white poly knit.  Removable sleeves!  One of my greatest ideas, especially during holiday cooking season!

Then came a red over red dress, to be worn with the same jacket.  I'm thinking the red floral might make a good dress in its own right.  But that's an idea to be set aside for a while.



I also made a tank top to go with the "removable sleeves".  But I think my camera ate that picture.  That seems to happen.  And since I'm too lazy to go upstairs, find said top, and haul it downstairs for a picture, it'll remain anonymous.  Suffice it to say that, since I finished all of this during the two weekends before Thanksgiving, I felt very productive!

7 comments:

Sue said...

I love how you have color phases. You're now in your red phase. I'm taking a lesson from you with my cross stitching. I'm now in my reindeer phase.

I hope your holiday planning is leaving you some time to rest your back. After hours of baking cookies on Saturday, I needed to rest mine yesterday.

SissySees said...

Love it. The red floral is especially nice, so I do vote for a dress all of its own.

Lapdog Creations said...

Love the red creations -- all beautiful!

Big Dude said...

They just don't look as good without you in them says the dirty ole man with a wink.

Anonymous said...

#2 looks deliciously vintage.

gMarie said...

Very nice pieces! I love the bodice of the red / red dress. I really need to get busy in the sewing room. Do you sew knits completely on the serger or do you sew and finish seams? I can't seem to wrap my head around using the serger to construct. g

Pam said...

Beautiful! I love the color.