Friday, May 18, 2012

Very Little Sewing

Remember the dress I messed up, and so had to offer to my daughters?  Well, my newly graduated nurse wanted it, but with the proviso that it have cap sleeves, because she hates long sleeves (for whatever her reason).  So I drafted some cap sleeves, installed them, facings and a hem, and finally finished the princess seamed dress for her.

This color is not right.  It's really a medium shade of true pink.  The color is fabulous with her dark hair.  Maybe one of these days she'll even wear it!

And maybe this weekend I'll get some sewing done for myself.  Let's see if the weather inspires me!

Happy Weekending, everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so what is it that you can't do?

Pam said...

It's really pretty!

SissySees said...

Lovely - in the actual hue or the one on my monitor!

Two French Bulldogs said...

It sure is pretty
Benny & Lily

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Marjie, love the dress and I bet your daughter does too. Our daughter graduated as a Registered Nurse early this year too!! She has been lucky enough to secure a job in a large public hospital in the Emergency Dept. It's been a real eye opener for the country girl that she is! No worries, and love, Carol

Diane said...

Hope that your weather is better than ours!!!!

Thanks so much for you kind thoughts and condolences, much appreciated. Diane

Faye Lewis said...

Very cute!

Claire S. said...

Pretty !
No sewing here lately but lots of thinking. If I could get myself downstairs, 4 cuts and 6 seams would get me a new skirt. Will I do it is still up in the air LOL

Blond Duck said...

I love pink. I'll wear it!

Blond Duck said...

Happy Wednesday!

Sue said...

Careful, you have three working daughters now and they'll all want new additions to their wardrobes.

Blond Duck said...

Have a good holiday!