Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Airports

Every airport is different. If you take time to look around, they can be somewhat amusing in their own rights.
My airport is tiny, with only 6 gates. this is a new terminal, built about 5 years ago. So, as you laugh at my girls clowning around, notice the interesting walls. All of the walls, inside and out, are built of locally quarried granite. Isn't it pretty?

The Charlotte airport was huge. I didn't get a picture, but they have white rocking chairs all over the airport for travelers to sit in. But what I really liked was the pianist in the middle of this food court.

This airplane is hanging in the Denver airport, a gift from someone (I forgot to take a picture of the plaque so I could remember, of course). They also have these little brass dinosaurs embedded in the terazzo floors throughout the airport.

I didn't get pictures of the pirates in the airport: one sitting on a treasure chest, one standing, and pone scaling a wall. They were advertising a museum in Denver. It was pretty clever.

Tomorrow, we'll start the tour of US Route 287!

10 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

I love the Charlotte airport and have spent a lot of time there! Those white rockers have been there for years! :)

Big Dude said...

I didn't think tou could drive to Wyoming and back in 24 hours :-)

SissySees said...

Neat!! You know, I'm in and out of Charlotte a lot and haven't ever sat in a rocker there. Hrmph.

Miriam in KS said...

I was in Denver this weekend too...for a wedding! Too bad we drove from Kansas rather than flying.

Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation.

Pam said...

A pianist in the food court - how cool is that?

Diane said...

Interesting I have never really thought about airports before. Our local airport here in France is very small, I think there is only one gate. But I remember getting very lost at Frankfurt airport! Diane

Kapitein Haakje said...

CCCOOOOL airport!!
Happy sunny Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

The Blonde Duck said...

Airports scare me.

Sue said...

I remember those dinosaurs. BWI airport has a neat crab but I never took a picture. Maybe I can get my friend to do it.
Sue

Breezy Point Mom said...

I can always appreciate an airport that tries its best to help travelers relax and unwind, whether it be through piano music, rocking chairs, or whatever. Hope you get to visit the Orlando airport some day.