Monday, May 4, 2009

An Award

A couple of days ago, I got this award from The Blond Duck. She's a talented writer, at least from the perspective of the ladies, and if you haven't visited her, it's worth the trip. This is the Attitude of Gratitude award, and Duckie, I'm grateful, already!

The rules are:
1. Put the logo on your blog and post.
2. Nominate at least 10 deserving blogs that show an attitude of gratitude.
3. Link to the nominees.
4. Leave a message for each nominee.
5. Share the love and link to the person who nominated you.
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude.

Well, I'm contented, and life is good; with contentedness comes gratitude. I'm grateful to have a dearly beloved husband of 30 years who thinks I'm the best thing that ever happened to him. I'm grateful to have 9 beautiful, healthy, brilliant children aged 9 to 25. I have a magnificent house, splendid dog, and enough savings to last the rest of my life if I'm not an idiot (like, I don't quit working and decide I need a jet and a yacht, which I can't even afford). I can choose to be a hermit, can have delivered whatever I need, and can go get anything I feel like getting. Like the TV-worthy Ozzie and Harriet, there's nothing particularly exciting and nothing wrong in my little corner of the world. Life doesn't get better than that.

My nominees:

1. Paula
2. Pam in Oregon
3. Pam in Tennessee
4. Linda in Alberta
5. Lakeland Jo
6. Tater's Mama
7. Violin Mom

I'll think of 3 more later, but right now I have to pay attention to Thor. Most of his other people have gone to bed, and he wants to play lobster.

3 comments:

SissySees said...

That's so cute. The Knight noted last night that Mugsy was all about tennis balls, Fred, his "babies" (plush squeaky toys), Sissy, plastic anything (I know...) and Gretchen, bones...

pam said...

Thank you Marjie! How sweet! Now, get back to Thor!

Paula said...

Thanks so much Marjie! I didn't see this until just now! I'm so grateful to have you as my buddy! That fact brightens my corner of the world! :-)