Tuesday, March 17, 2009

French Market Pie

I think this recipe came from Katherine's blog, but I simply scribbled it on a piece of paper and stuffed it in a pile of other ideas. If it's not Katherine's, apologies to whoever originated it, and sorry I'm such a dumbbunny that I didn't write down origin, date, or anything!

That being said, this was Pi Day's dessert Pie. The confession having been made many times, I know no one here's surprised at the origin of my crust (recipe: hunt in your supermarket's cooler case).

There was not one scrap left over from this pie. (Note to self: Make 2 or 3 of these if more than 5 people are home. Suggestion to everyone else: see above note to self.) My husband opined that this was similar in flavor to pecan pie, but without nuts; everyone else simply mourned the fact that it was already gone.

FRENCH MARKET PIE

1/3 cup melted butter
1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
3 eggs
1/3 cup whipping cream

1/2 tsp vanilla extract
9" pie shell

Beat the butter and brown sugar together until combined, then add the eggs one at a time, blending completely. Beat in the cream and vanilla, and pour into the pie crust. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream. Cry when it's all gone.

10 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

You were right and I'm glad your family enjoyed it. It looks great! I haven't made it since I posted it.

Pam said...

What a beautiful pie - It looks really tasty.

Paula said...

YUM! I must admit that I do like pie, and this looks like one that even I, the novice baker, could tackle! I could just imagine my husband waiting oven-side to snatch this right up! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

buffalodick said...

I'll take Pie R squared to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a bunch of simple ingredients, I love that! Thanks for this.

The Blonde Duck said...

How did I miss this pie?!???!?!

pam said...

I'm with blond duck...how did I miss this pie on Katherine's site!!!

Bunny said...

I shop at that store too! This looks wonderful!

Jan said...

Mmmm! this sounds yummy. I'm totally with you on the refrigerated pie crusts, I can't make pastry to save my life.