Monday, October 6, 2008

Chicken With Artichokes

One day last week, Pam made chicken with tortellini, artichokes and other assorted delectable tidbits. I was trying to decide what to do with my chicken for dinner when I read this, and knew that this would be my choice. Aside, of course, from the fact that the only things I had from this recipe were the chicken and artichokes, the plan was perfect!

My husband loves artichokes. Steamed with drawn butter, marinated hearts, as an ingredient, however I may serve them, the man loves artichokes. So I followed Pam's advice, and created something different and good.

CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES

3 lbs. boneless chicken

1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
2 tomatoes, cut into 1" cubes
1 lemon, sliced
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste


spread the chicken out in the bottom of the broiler pan, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until nearly cooked. Remove the chicken to a plate, and, on the stove top, melt the butter in the broiler pan, Whisk in the cornstarch, then the chicken broth and lemon juice. Whisk until thickened, turn off the stove, and return the chicken to the pan. Stir in the chicken, then add the vegetables. Return to the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked, remove, top with the lemon slices and return to the broiler for another minute. Serve over pasta or rice. (Since I'm currently out of rice, pasta was my only choice). Was this good? Well, there was j
ust about none left for Thor!

10 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

its gonna be just plain old beans and chile for us tonight....

Paula said...

Hey! We think alike! I made a variation of Pam's meal, too! :-) Love what you did here, especially with that gravy! You've got me totally hooked on diced tomatoes now as well!

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks so good. I hope you liked my story!

Peter M said...

Nice dish...the sauce looks really good.

Anonymous said...

That sauce looks amazing, I love it! I heart artichokes.

Pam said...

I love that you added tomatoes... it not only tastes great but adds a pretty color to the dish. Thanks for the shout out - it made my day.

Prudy said...

It looked great at Pam's and now it looks great over here too. I'd better join in and make it too.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This looks delicious...I'm an artichoke fan too.

grace said...

i'm a recent convert to artichoke-loving, and this sounds awesome. it's pretty easy on the eyes, too. :)

pam said...

Poor Thor, you're going to have to stop making such good dinners!