Monday, September 10, 2007

Mint Cake!

Last Halloween, I realized that everyone in the house was fighting over the York Peppermint Patties I'd bought; it simply hadn't occurred to me that the combination of chocolate and mint was so popular in my house. So, I came up with this combination: yellow cake and mint-chocolate frosting.

I use a yellow cake mix, or any yellow cake recipe that's handy, and then make this simple frosting:

Whip about 1/3 cup heavy cream until stiff. Add 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract; beat these in. Gradually beat in 1 lb. powdered sugar. If the frosting's too thick, add a few drops of cream at a time until the proper consistency is achieved. The kids prefer this cake chilled, but my beloved will eat it any way it arrives in front of him.

No comments: