Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving was great!

Well, I must confess that I was forced to break with my Thanksgiving week food schedule. After my third son discovered that I'd spent about 8 hours pre-preparing Thanksgiving foods, he put his foot down, announced that I was working too hard, and he was getting pizza for dinner. I don't like pizza, and protested, by my dearly beloved announced that he was on my son's side, and, of course, the other boys joined the clamor, and then they simply went and fetched pizza. (I was relieved; that much less to do, but don't tell them I was happy to wimp out.)

Dan's girlfriend was excited about peeling the potatoes. What kind of girl loves to peel potatoes, anyway? And this is the second year in a row she's come for Thanksgiving. Do I sense something going on here?

Thor helped set the table. He was sure something good would come of his a
ssistance.Of course, the traditional picture of everyone in front of the front door. My dearly beloved is the guy hiding behind me, in the yellow sweater. I think he's a great looking guy; he always maintains that he's an ugly guy with a great looking armpiece. Our friend Greg brought his brother Steve this year, for the first time; Steve was amazed at how much food we forced on him, and really seemed to enjoy sitting beside my youngest son and chatting with the kid.

Thor came to the table, but got bored waiting for the serving dishes to start moving, and went to sleep.

I forced everyone to sit for numerous pictures "at the table". Sorry, guys, but you know this is how it is around here!

Did someone want dessert? Greg's daughter in law made the chocolate frosted cake. She spent at least 90 minutes assembling this thing. It was beautiful, but I'm just not going to put that much effort into a cake. I'm glad she wanted to!

One more look at my girls and me: Cass, Shannon, Kellie and Mom. Thank you for the compliments on my dress. I do have to warn you, if you ever buy a sparkly dress or sparkly fabric, the sparkles will melt on your iron if you don't use a good towel between the fabric and iron to diminish the heat. Sparkles are also itchy. But it was fun fabric!

11 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

what a spectacualr family...have a happy rest of the weekend

Paula said...

Love, love, love these photos! So glad that you have a house full of family and friends to celebrate with. Hmmm ... maybe you could squeeze in five more? Your son scored big points in my book for watching out for his mom. And, on a frivolous note, I love the checked shoes on your daughter in the previous post! I'm always impressed that you "dress" for holidays; I wore jeans (nice ones) and a pretty sweater! What a good looking bunch you all are!

Claire S. said...

Looks like it was a great day - a house full of family ! Love your new dress.

Anonymous said...

Love that last photo, you and the girls are beautiful and you don't look like a woman who has raised that many children...next year i'm dropping by for this feast...K/

veedogknitter said...

ohh, that last pic of you and the girls is a keeper! What a wonderful Thanksgiving...if my hubby is deployed on another Thanksgiving, i'm heading down to your house!

Breezy Point Mom said...

Looks like the quintessential family Thanksgiving! I love when you post these kinds of pictures. What a beautiful dining room. My DH is impressed, too. Now, take it easy for awhile!

Anette said...

It looks like you had a lovely Thansgiving! Do you have any more energy left for Christmas coming up? Which holiday is the "biggest" in your house?

The Blonde Duck said...

Ya'll are so sweet. It looks like a wonderful home!

SissySees said...

What a lovely family, table and food! I miss dressing for dinner, especially on the holidays. (In fact, no one lets me host family meals anymore because I use china, silver and wear a dress. My inlaws and sister don't find that fun or festive...)

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Goregous photos Marjie - I love the one with your daughters! happy belated Thanksgiving looks like you all had a wonderful day. Watched the old Steve Martin Cheaper by the Dozen movie last night it is your family!!

Peter M said...

How could a dinner at O & H's be anything less than great...you have a young, large family gathering...spirited convo and great food...all the best for the winter.