Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thor and the "Beauty Saloon"

Thor here.

Last week, my sisters decided that I smelled like a dog - well, what should a dog smell like, a pizza? - and so I needed to go have a visit to the beauty parlor. Naturally, the brothers objected to this parlance, and concluded I should at least be able to call it what they did when they were little - a "beauty saloon".

But first, I walked down to Main Street, to stop by the building with the old barber pole on the front.

turns out it's now just a house.

So Ryan and the girls took me to the place "where the pets go." They took me from my people, into a dungeon, and tried to stuff me in a too-small cage to be sure I could get in there. They said it was a blow-dryer, but it looked like a cage to me. I howled. Ryan howled, "You're hurting my dog!!!" So they brought me home.


Then they took me to the back yard and played "beauty saloon," just like the girls did when they were little. I'll tell you what, that VO-5 volumizing shampoo smells mighty nice, and makes even us short haired dudes look pretty fluffy. And I am thankful to Momma that she respected my privacy, and didn't take pictures of me bathing. That would be embarrassing. I have, however, enjoyed several good brushings after my shampooing.

But for a while, I'm hiding next to Mark. HE won't be a traitor and let them try to wash me again real soon.

Happy Thorsday, everyone!

19 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Thor, I am sure you smell wonderful now, but that doggy smell is just fine with me. Diane

Tatersmama said...

I bet you feel so much better, now that you're all soft and fluffy! And I bet you're smelling good too - I really like that in a boy! ;)

SissySees said...

Oh, if I could just snap my fingers, I'd pop right up and brush you and treat you, you handsome big gent!

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee.

Sweet post, Thor. And I can practically smell the VO5 in that last picture. (Did it take the whole bottle?)

Sue said...

We all need baths. Dad says we stink. Mom isn't quite so cruel, but we've noticed a new shampoo bottle has arrived near our bathtub. You look wonderful after your bath, nice and smooth. We get all curly.
Morgan, Tsar and The Porties

gMarie said...

Oh Thor! The indignity of it all - really! You do look remarkably handsome and fluffy now. Beauty Saloon indeed. g

Debbie Cook said...

Oh Thor - you look so handsome now (not that you weren't before), but that new fluffiness really becomes you. Stick with Mark when those girls start getting too close again with their noses.

Oh, and please tell your mom I hope to make it to the PO today to finally mail her package. It's been one of those weeks.

Claire S. said...

Hey Thor, just be glad your people don't dump you in the kitchen sink for your bath - 'nough said !

Skippy & Alex

Dexter said...

Thor! Getting all clean down to your skin is important, but it just must be done someplace that you are comfortable. Most beauty salons are not made to accomodate full sized doggies like us.

I hope you enjoyed your day of beauty. I bet you feel better and smell good too.

Slobbers,
Mango

Ann Made Studio said...

lol...Humans mean well Thor :) I do this to my Bradley every month :} We call where he goes ~ the Spa ~ he always runs around and seems to show off his "do" after his grooming..

Sarah said...

A bath always feels good, no matter if you are a dog!

monica said...

it's a good thing to have a brother you can howl with!

Bundy is so afraid of water so it's a battle to bathe him... we've only done it properly once
( after he had been in some reaaallly stinky mud)

Barbara said...

A nice bath makes everyone want to love you more, Thor!

Pam said...

Poor Thor. I bet he looks and smells like a dashing gentleman now.

~~louise~~ said...

I know how you feel dear Thor, I dread the beauty saloon.

You sure are looking mighty dapper though and to think, you had your very own spa day right in your own back yard. If only, I could say the same. Marion may be stuffing me in a cage any day now if I don't find a people salon pronto!!!

Breezy Point Mom said...

Awwwww, Thor. This is such a cute post. Sweet Thor made it through the day due to the sensitivity of his family.

Lapdog Creations said...

Poor Thor... you are such a handsome boy, it really doesn't matter what you smell like......

Signed,
Queen Lola

PS - Don't let my Mom get any ideas from yours please!

Vivian said...

Happy belated Thorsday! I'm glad mom gave him the dignity and didn't take any picture of the actual bathing. Hope Thor got a few cookies for being so tolerant of his people :-)

Unknown said...

Oh Thor - I can just imagine how lovely you must feel when you're soft and clean and fluffy! My human, Hsin-Yi, always hugs me more after a bath because she says I'm nice and clean! :-) You looked very nice, I must say, although I do wish I could have seen some photo of you having a bath! Come on - no need to be embarrassed! We're all friends here - and we've all been through the same torture! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane