Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dogs Don't Like Bats...

...But they do like making friends with the Bat Men who come to give people outrageous prices to remove bats from houses.

Thor made about 7 new friends this week. He led them on tours of the outside, and baked in the sun while they studied our roof.

Then Thor moved to the lawn on the other side of the house.


Wonder why this is so difficult? Slate roof.

Yes. Those are rocks on Thor's roof. It's the 200 year, leakproof roofing system, but it's horrible at keeping out little creepy crawly thingies. So, no bat removal, but I am going to have the paper wasps and carpenter ants and spiders removed from my attic.

Thor approves.

16 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

So they can't remove the bats? :/

Lola was watching some bats fly around outside the other night... she was fascinated.

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

oh my, thor is gorgeous!!!!

xo,
lola bugs

Diane said...

Glad to hear that you are having the spiders and creepy crawlies removed. So long as Thor is happy about the situation then all should be OK. Diane

Anonymous said...

I'd trust this foreman.

(My boy-crazy boxer loves all workmen, particularly plumbers. She'll throw herself shamelessly at any guy who smells like earth and sweat.)

pam said...

I've got some contractors here that I need Thor to supervise. The kitty cats are big fat old chickens!

gMarie said...

Fun post today. I'm glad you're getting the wasps out - even if the bats are staying. They should be happy to stick to the belfry! g

Unknown said...

Wow, Thor - you've got bats?! That's kinda cool! :-) Do they come at night to suck your blood? (*delicious shiver*)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Velva said...

Thor has a very important job :-)

Dexter said...

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Gosh, Thor, a regular wild kingdom under that roof. Bats need love too, you know.

Slobbers,
Mango

Robynn's Ravings said...

Thor looks VERY suspicious of the activity - or maybe he's not keen on the bats. I LOVE your high-pitched roof! Bet your house is darling. Have I just missed pics??!

monica said...

T love Thor - I hate spiders, ants and stuff..

~~louise~~ said...

Thor wears many hats, glad he's not the bat handler though. GREAT supervising Thor!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Wouldn't it be fun if his good looks paid for the removal of all the creepy, crawly thingies!

SissySees said...

Well, little creepy crawlies gone are a plus, but I'm sorry the bats are staying on...

The Blonde Duck said...

I love Thor.

gemma said...

Thor is a fabulous bat boy!