Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Chicken Salad

For those of you looking for something light to kick off your Independence Day Weekend, this is the salad for you. It's got a nice amount of substance, and the pairing of sweet and tart ingredients is terrific. Too bad I have no more chicken in my fridge!

SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD

1 plate mixed greens
1/2 cup roast chicken pieces
1/2 cup diced pineapple pieces
Italian Vinaigrette Dressing:
1/3 cup wine vinegar
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 tsp salt

2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup salad oil

Arrange the greens, chicken and pineapple on your plate. For the dressing, pour the ingredients into a cruet in the order given; shake vigorously. The dressing stays together better if it's chilled for a while before use.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

16 comments:

Big Dude said...

Sure looks like a good summer time dish.

SissySees said...

Yum! What's odd is that while I'm not much on "hot" chicken, I like it in a salad.

gMarie said...

That looks like a good thing to have on hand for work lunches. g

Mickle in NZ said...

What a pretty and yummy looking salad.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Weekend - and that the weather is fine so you can have another family toasted marshmallow session! Our winter weekend here is due to be dry!!!

Paula said...

Two thumbs up for the pineapple! This looks nice and light too, which is great for my widening waistline! :-)

Diane said...

Oh yummy, I know what I am having for lunch tomorrow while I watch the Tour de France time trial on TV:) Not forgetting the glass of wine of course:))Diane

The Blonde Duck said...

Normally, I can't eat chicken salad b/c of the mayo, but I'd lap up bowls of this.

pam said...

love the pineapple in it!

Barbara said...

Nice salad, Marjie. Simple with a delicious vinaigrette!

Velva said...

This is a fabulous chicken salad recipe. Very nice.

Happy 4th of July to you! No doubt that there will be a lot of fun with the family.

grace said...

pineapple and parmesan--two unique chicken salad ingredients. looks great, marjie--happy 4th!

Kapitein Haakje said...

we gonna try that!

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Anonymous said...

I love that you added pineapple! Great idea, and great salad :)

Linda said...

I like salad recipes....I get bored with the plain old garden variety and this looks good with the pineapple in it.

~~louise~~ said...

I just used the last of the leftover chicken too. Marion and I had a fresh salad; chicken salad with the bits and pieces of pineapples but I wasn't happy with the dressing, too pineapple-y...

Thanks for sharing, Marjie.

buffalodick said...

Looks nice and light for a hot summer day..