Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Garden Tuesday: Sunset and Fireworks

21 years ago, when we bought this house, there was a distinct lack of trees in the back yard. We solved that: we planted some poplars, which grow like wildfire, some maples, which grow slower, and some other things. Now, however, I can't see much of the sunset during the summer from my back door, because the trees block the horizon. So, I wandered into the back yard, risking life and limb, or at least twisted ankle, for a couple of pictures. At 8:30:
At 9:15:

Then the fountains that our boys lit, after the neighbors ran their aerial display.


It was a nice Independence Day celebration.

11 comments:

Sue said...

The way our house is situated we can't see the sunset from the yard or the porch. I have to walk up the street and it's been too hot to go out.

The Blonde Duck said...

How fun!

Diane said...

Amazing how quickly trees can take over once they are established, but think how barren it would look without them. Diane

SissySees said...

Beautiful. We can't see much of a sunrise or a sunset around here, but I like my woods!

Christo Gonzales said...

I wish we could light off fireworks - looks like a fun time in modern day ozzie and harriet land - off to check out months of edible celebrations!

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

It looks like such a gorgeous location Marjie - I hope you have had a great few weeks and enjoyed your Independence Day celebrations. I have a new surprise for you and Thor over on Dolliedaydream!! Although I expect he isn't even as big as one of Thor's toys! Kisses Kitty and her new friend :-) xxx

Big Dude said...

Sure is a pretty sunset.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the risk. Looks lovely.

pam said...

Lovely, relaxing post!

Lapdog Creations said...

Beautiful!

buffalodick said...

Sounds like a nice day for you..