Saturday, April 13, 2013

Post 1400: Book Sale!

Kellie's been home for vacation this week, and we all went to a book sale this morning!

Here's what happens when Mom borrows Ryan's camera, and doesn't know how to operate the stupid point and click.  (I had to take a tiny camera, because hauling a giant DSLR to a book sale is just stooopid.  The kids told me so.)

Nice foot.

Kellie had to squish Mark, because he's now about 5'10, and officially taller than she is.

That's Ryan's first car.  It has 190K miles on it, but the engine has been rebuilt, and we only have $3500 into it.  And let's face it, you don't cram someone who's 6'5" tall into a Mini Cooper.

And I wasn't going to buy myself any books, because, of course, I never buy myself books.  I have too many books.  I'll tell myself that next weekend, at the other book sale, as well.  Meanwhile, I'm off to do some high quality reading!

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!




9 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

Never can have too many books! Are you on Goodreads? Lots of great book giveaways from the publishers and who doesn't like free books?

Sue said...

No such thing as too many books. Wish I was reading right now instead of doing housework.

Big Dude said...

Nice foot shot - I taken a few of them with my phone as it will shoot stills and video and I have no idea which button does either.

gMarie said...

I love how your boys are all hulking giants and the girls are all so delicate. That's the way it should be.

Of course you didn't buy any books. Enjoy reading them. g

Diane said...

Ha ha, I also love book sales. My husband is 6'4" that is quite tall enough for me!! Small cars are impossible for him as well. Have a great weekend, Diane

Anonymous said...

I'm still recovering from 6'5", but hey, Elizabeth George -- she's wonderful.

Linda said...

Lol..nice leg! I'm not buying anymore books either ;)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Books are good! You have such a sweet family
Benny & Lily

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Marjie, I wish I could go to as many book sales as you do. It sounds wonderful. The best I manage is Op shops (charity) which usually have books for 50 cents etc. I totally understand about the car and the size of the son. We're in the same situation. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)