Monday, August 15, 2011

Rainy Weekend

It was a rainy weekend here, probably 3" of rain on Sunday, but that's less than NYC got, so I'm not griping.

I tried to make a strawberry meringue tort, but it flopped. I spooned it into bowls, and will try it again soon. No need for pictures before it's right.

I created a new ice cream, but haven't tried it yet. You'll probably see pictures and recipe Wednesday.

I finished a lap quilt as a gift to someone. I really, truly hate quilting. Really. I made one in 1999, and swore I'd never make another. Given that track record, I'll probably be cursing another quilt around, oh, 2023. Maybe I'll be smarter by then.

I made an apron for my oldest son's girlfriend. I just thought I should send her a present so she knows we like her, instead of taking my son's word for it. She's very quiet. I loved these colors, and my dearly beloved said this was too pretty to be an apron. It's wrapped and moving out today.

I loved the colors of that apron so much that I made a new bread basket liner. Ryan whined that sewing is bad, but I'm betting he won't gripe when it's wrapped around bread or rolls, keeping them warm for him.
More cooking tonight; maybe even a great cake, since it's rainy and 66 degrees out! Nothing like warming up the kitchen for someone who refuses to wear sleeves in August!

7 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You sure are talented. Pie, ice scream... YummmE
Benny & Lily

gMarie said...

Love the sewing - what's bad about it? Takes time away from the boys? I'm headed down to do some right now! g

ps - that apron is lovely. I hope she enjoys it.

Diane said...

I have to agree, quilting is not the most enjoyable pass time :-(. Love the apron. Diane

Christo Gonzales said...

nice apron nice gift nice gesture...

SissySees said...

That apron is lovely. What a kind gesture! The quilt will be treasured, but you really can draw a line and say you won't do another... for now...

Big Dude said...

My daughter in drought stricken San Antonio would sure like to have had those three inches. It's a shame we can't make the clouds go where they are needed.

Sue said...

Very pretty apron! You're ahead of me, I've never made a quilt or at least finished one. Our oven is back in use. The last couple of days have been cooler and it's sure nice to taste hot food again.