Well, I finished my dress on Friday night. I used my favorite spaghetti strapped princess seamed dress, which I created from a dress I bought in Myrtle Beach many years ago. Usually, I make this dress from knits, but this voile was light weight, floaty and perfect for a summer dress. It was also much easier to work than most light weight fabrics. I used a 18" zipper in the back, which is much longer than any dresses have, or any patterns require. I simply like to be easily able to step into my dresses.
I couldn't find a photo assistant, and the Kodak with the self-timer needed a good battery charging, so all of my pictures were taken with the Pentax in the dining room mirror. The dress is lighter in color than it appears here, but you could tell that. You know I have never had a tan in my life, other than in these pictures.
I wanted a jacket to go with the dress, so it will be wearable into fall, but 2 yards of fabric was nowhere near enough. Fortunately, in my giant heap of fabric I had a black lace bought as a remnant from Wally World at least 15 years ago. It only cost one dollar, and it's really rough, stiff and nasty. Then I found a yard of a sheer fabric left from some long forgotten project; it was originally 5 yards for $10 at Scranton Fabric, according to the tag still stuck to it. With just enough voile left for the collar, this is what I created:
And this is how it works with the dress.
I didn't finish the jacket until Saturday, but I'm still counting this as a Friday night project. Not bad for a Friday night's work.
Other things are working their way through the machines, but not much is finished yet. Actually, I need to sum up nearly a while summer's work, but that's a post for another day.