Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Miscellany

There's been cooking, and sewing, but with the sudden trip to Florida last week, and Thor's recovery, my brain's a little fried. So you get a bit of Friday miscellany here.

I wanted a picture of the bridge on which I was not driving. It didn't work out so well.

Someone who needs to go for a few weeks of laser treatments wanted me to make her a small blanket to take with her. I didn't have fabric I loved for it. So I sent her a dress. Her husband loved it. Her neighbor wants one like it. I think it was a success.
I got an order of fabric. It was on sale; I couldn't resist. I'm kind of a dope.

Left pile: The pink and blue on the bottom of the pile (2 yards each) will be used for an apron for my son's girlfriend and a new bread basket "blanket" for me. Leftovers haven't been assigned yet. The peach on top of that (4 yards) are for the above referenced blanket. More on that later. The floral with the bits of gold are as yet undetermined, but isn't it pretty? 2 yards.

The white on the right is to make a summer cover for my best coat. The red might want to be a dress, and the purple and black rayon does want to be a dress (or maybe 2). The black and white is also destined to be a dress. Thank you, Fabric Mart, for a lovely sale.

Maybe a book review tomorrow; I read about 4 books last week.

And Thor's wandering around outside with the boys, and being warned vigorously not to run around and bark. Thankfully, around here, there's not much that needs to be barked at.

11 comments:

SissySees said...

Great little summer dress! Sometimes we just need a little retail therapy. I bought a few transitional items that will carry me through our mild, early fall. That will buy me time to deal with winter.

Two French Bulldogs said...

There's a lit going on over there. No wonder you have a lot going on. Mom lives that Florida
Benny & Lily

Diane said...

Wish I could find some material on sale! Mind you I still have nowhere to put the sewing machine and I still have material from many moons ago!! Glad that Thor is on his best behaviour. Diane

Mary said...

As always, I'm in awe of your sewing skills. Cute dress!

gMarie said...

Oh honey you aren't a dope you are stressed woman who has a job and hasn't been able to turn to her hobbies to relieve stress - so you shop. That I get. 2 weeks ago I bought yarn, fabric and shoes! Today I bought John Deere print cotton to make pillowcases.

Glad Thor is behaving himself. g

Linda said...

I like the way the fabric "speaks" to you.

pam said...

Well, since it was the first real week of school, I'm behind on my blog reading, and must go back and read about Thor!

Sue said...

I love those florals, especially the purple one.

Lapdog Creations said...

happy weekend!!! make sure Thor wags on over and enters the contests we have going on!

Pam said...

The yellow dress is cute! Love all your fabric - especially the black and white. Hope Thor is feeling better.

Howard said...

Really useful data, much thanks for your article.
dallas zoo dallas tx | birth announcement template | dealerships in dallas