Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Ours typically stretches out for two days, and everyone enjoys every minute of it. Personally, while I enjoy it, I'm only too happy to collapse in bed for about 12 hours around midnight on Christmas. I guess that's the price of making sure everyone has a wonderful holiday. Would you like a glimpse of the grandest celebration in our little corner of the world?

Christmas Eve the little boys made a gingerbread train. We bake our own, using Pampered Chef molds. The last time I knew, these were no longer in production; I bought the train and house molds from a sister of a Pampered Chef consultant I knew in New Jersey. My boys have gotten immense enjoyment from them.

Also on Christmas Eve, the kids exchange their presents with each other. My little guy's favorite present was his Tom Brady jersey and Patriots cap. I am thankful to say that he hasn't exactly LIVED in them; he's only worn them while watching football games on TV. This gives me the opportunity to wander through the room and bother the boys by asking where Long Hair #11 and that Troy dude are. I know they aren't on the same team, and their teams are never on TV when I ask the question. I just like to be obtuse.

Even though they're all pretty old, I still play the Santa game. I have some pretty big elves help me set up on Christmas Eve.
If Paula's reading, she can note that the beautiful stocking she sent me last year is right up there with those belonging to the kids. The Pampered Chef
was good for stocking stuffers!

Everyone sits for Christmas morning brunch. My special Christmas punch is added in the morning.

Thor sits in the middle of the present opening, of course. After a while, he gets tired of the wrapping paper and leaves the room.
Even little Cinnamon came to play in the paper after most of the feet had left the room.

20 pounds of standing rib roast looks like this when carved, and, of course, artfully arranged with spinach leaves around the perimeter of the platter.

Mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, green beans, spinach and punch rounded out dinner.

And now you see why I collapse at the end of the two days!

17 comments:

tamilyn said...

I would collapse also! Looks like quite the spread you put on :)

gMarie said...

Wow! You are one busy Mrs. Clause. I hope Dearly Beloved helps some too, although I'm sure he does.

Looks like your holiday was smashing. I too like to be obtuse about football - usually gets me a free pass to go do something else. g

Unknown said...

Oh - Christmas at your house looks WONDERFUL, Thor!! My humans are asking if they can be adopted? Hee! Hee!

Happy Holidays!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

monica said...

you definitely deserve to collapse! I hope the kids and your hub help out - at least when the cleaning up is to be done..
looks like great times though..

Ann Made Studio said...

What great pictures. Looks like a wonderful time and such a fabulous brunch! I'd be done in for a few days :)

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Thor!
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! =)

Thor

Christo Gonzales said...

coolness- this time of year ... you are mrs. claus...by the way.

Shelby said...

You must be superwoman! Although exhausting for you, it looks like you had a great Christmas.

I got a chuckle when you mentioned you were thankful to say your little guy hasn't lived in his gifts...oh I remember those days SO MUCH.

buffalodick said...

I did the same for far less people- and I'm beat! Good job, Mombo!

Tatersmama said...

HA! I just now figured out the reason you still have your girlish figure! You never sit still, unless you pass out for a few hours! (okay,I know I'm slow!)
What a wonderful Christmas you had... except maybe the football part!

Sue said...

That all reminds me of Christmas Past when there were nineteen of us around the table. Our family always got together with my Aunt's family and we had a noisy wonderful time.

pam said...

What a lovely full Christmas you had!

Claire S. said...

Looks like you all enjoyed a wonderful time.

My Mom used to do this for upwards of 30 people some years. Other years it was just immediate family and that was still 15 to 20 - I remember eating in 3 shifts !

Go ahead and collapse, you deserve it !

SissySees said...

Okay... I'm going to have to send the Knight to eBay for PC train molds! Fun!!

I love Thor holding court in the midst of it all. Did Cinnamon get a few spinach leaves too?

grace said...

ah, pampered chef. what an excellent company. and a gingerbread train sounds like a lot of fun to put together (and eat). speaking of eating, what a terrific-sounding spread ya'll had! merry christmas indeed! :)

tavolini said...

I'm ready to collapse just reading about it ;)

Looks like an excellent spread and a whole lot of fun--Merry Christmas :)

Shailendra Pal said...

that jersey no.12 is one of my wardrobe fav's. too. i'am Pal by the way and wish u a happy new year.