Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where Am I, Again?

Oh, yes. I'm in the middle of the week before Thanksgiving. I forgot.

Last weekend, I finished a bunch of pink velour clothes. I like pink, and my dearly beloved loves me in it, so when I found two shades of pink, I bought them both. So I now have a shell pink long sleeved princess seamed dress, long sleeved top and cami. I also h
ave a medium pink A-line sleeveless dress with matching jacket, 2-tone sleeveless dress and cami that will use the same jacket. It's quite warm, and I didn't see why it should be OK to have washable velour warmup suits and not dresses from the same fabric. Photos are somewhere!

Then, early last week I saw a fabric I coveted for my Thanksgiving dress. It arrived on Thursday, an ocean of blue sparkles on a black background. The dress is about half done; I'll finish it Friday night.

To keep myself sane, I've started working on my menus for the next 2 weeks. Here's this week:

Wednesday 11/17
Roast chicken (herb basted)
Mashed sweet potatoes
steamed broccoli

cauliflower
hot dinner rolls
yellow cake with white frosting

Thursday 11/18
Roast beef
sour cream potatoes
spinach
creamed corn
cinnamon/raisin bread

chocolate bundt cake

Friday 11/18
Penne with meat sauce
focaccia
salad


Saturday 11/19
Beef stew
baking powder biscuits

More on next week's food and, of course, the Thanksgiving menu, after I finalize it. Meanwhile, I'm working on my food delivery list, and wishing I could emulate Thor right now.

14 comments:

Tatersmama said...

I don't know how you DO it! I would be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, yet there you are, all organized, calm, cool and collected! Menu's for the next 2 weeks? Phooey! I'm lucky to know ewhat's on the menu for tonight!!

The fabric is simply lovely - and I can't wait to see the pink photos, as well as the Thanksgiving dress!!

Linda said...

There is nothing like being organized! Nothing! I love the fabric for you Thanksgiving day dress.

gMarie said...

Love the new header photo! That fabric is stunning and I can't wait to see photos of the pink dressed.

I have company coming for dinner on Sunday - prime rib. Need to finalize that menu and a shopping list before I even think about turkey day. g

Sue said...

What pretty, sparkly fabric. The dress will be gorgeous. I'm watching for the pink since it's one of my favorite colors.

Thor has the right idea. Sleep thru these dark, rainy days.

SissySees said...

The new header is quite festive! Love that fabric for the T-day dress, but you know I want to see the pink!

Thor is just too dear.

Anette said...

Even if we don't celebrate thanksgiving, I was waiting for your menues, I enjoy very much to be impressed by your planning skills!!

Big Dude said...

I'd like to be there for each meal

Dexter said...

You make a Thanksgiving dress? Gosh, we're telling our guests to wear their slobber proof gear. 12 people! Oh no! I AM acting like THor and pretending that it isn't just around the corner.

Mango Momma

Christo Gonzales said...

damn most people just put together the meal - you go ahead and make a dress too - your dearly beloved is a lucky man...

Pam said...

Can I come live with you so you can teach me how to sew and I can eat all of your tasty meals? Please?

Sarah said...

Your description of the fabric is perfect. You are so organized, but I guess that is necessary in your busy household.

Mickle in NZ said...

That is such a pretty, festive fabric and the colour will so suit you.

This weeks menus all look delicious - happy cooking and eating, and bestest wishes for the grocery order.

monica said...

with all that, no wonder November 18 lasts for 2 days :o)) You are amazing - you even let someoneelse do the snoozing for you. Thor is off course an excellent snoozer :o)

The Blonde Duck said...

Have you ever made a sweet potato pie? I'm making your pumpkin pie for Christmas, but I really want a good sweet potato pie recipe.