Friday, November 5, 2010

Round and About: One Town West

A while back, I showed you the little library in the next town west of us. They have used book sales there twice a year. Isn't it an adorable little place?
So I thought I'd show you the rest of the town. This is the pub across the street. When the sprinkler system burst last year, and flooded the basement, the owner of this pub held a fund raising barbecue for the library. So, while I don't drink, I love this place.


Down the hill a bit is a pharmacy. It's one of the rare pharmacies not owned by a chain. I try to stop by there whenever possible.
Looking down the street from the library, you can see the corner of the pub in the lower right of the picture, then a park and the pharmacy. Beyond that are a consignment store, an architect and an antique store. On the library side are a window tinter, a deli, the fire house, post office, tanning salon, TV repair shop and a tiny independent grocery. It's a nice little place.
But, since no one there has dog cookies, Thor is less than impressed.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

Kapitein Haakje said...

cant we come and visit?????
it looks so nice :D well sanne love that typical little american town ^^
so sweet

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Diane said...

What a lovely little town, I enjoyed the tour, thanks. I am sorry no biscuits for Thor though :-( Diane

Linda said...

Thanks for the tour of a beautiful little town....too bad they don't have dog cookies.

Sue said...

No dog cookies!!! That's unAmerican!!

It looks like a nice little town like so many in the Northeast. I like those little towns, especially ones with nice libraries.

Tatersmama said...

What a lovely little town even if they don't have doggie biscuits for Thor... (imagine that! What's wrong with those people?;)
I love seeing the fall colors - something I truly miss!

Sarah said...

What an adorable little town. Good for you for supporting it.

gMarie said...

Were you out buying books again? Love your new photos. Thanks for the tour of your town. g

Big Dude said...

Reminds me of our little town, except Greenback has even less - no pub here of course

Lapdog Creations said...

I'm right there with ya Thor... no dog cookies? A disgrace!

HermitJim said...

If the town has both a library and a pub...how good is that? It is a beautiful place, for sure!

Tell Thor I'll share my people cookie with him, and I don't do that for just anyone!

Thanks for the tour this morning!

SissySees said...

What a sweet little town! But couldn't someone carry a biscuit or ten for a doggy gent?!