Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Garden Tuesday: Reds

Some of the reds are pretty nice this year, like this dogwood.
The burning bushes near my gate are not changing at an even rate: they're green and red. Do they think they're celebrating Christmas early?
The other side of the garden has burning bushes that are more evenly red, but the shadows on this fine, sunny day make it hard to see.
Yesterday's clouds make the color much more vivid.
The scarlet maples we passed on the way to the farm the other day have an unbelievable red hue! I am so jealous!
This maple of ours is yellow. But it's a nice shade of yellow.
Happy color watching, everyone! Too soon all the leaves will fall off the trees, and we'll be wishing for warmer weather again.

12 comments:

Big Dude said...

You're having more luck with fall colors than we are - looks really nice.

Diane said...

Lovely pictures, those Maples are stunning. Diane

Pam said...

Beautiful!

I knew you would be proud of my rolls! I thought of you when I was making them. :)

Anonymous said...

With this weird weather, my horse can't decide whether to shed her coat or grow it. She might look pretty darned interesting in another month if she hedges her bets.

Ahhhh, leaves. Beautiful colors.

Linda said...

You get gorgeous reds....here we get the yellow and the dead;)

monica said...

autumn colours are so beautiful. and your trees are lovely!

Joanne said...

So many gorgeous colors...this is why fall is my favorite season.

Mickle in NZ said...

Such stunning colours, super thanks for sharing them,

Sending huggles from both of us along with Zebby's current incredibly loud purring, Michelle xxx

SissySees said...

A touch jealous, I am. We don't have much red down here this year. In fact, most of our colors have been very muted.

gMarie said...

I do love how pretty the trees look as they change :) g

tavolini said...

Oh wow, those scarlet maples are incredible! I love your gold ones, too :)

Breezy Point Mom said...

Leaf colors are beautiful, Marjie. I would love to see it in person. The colors are a bit late this year, aren't they?