Monday, August 11, 2008
This was a sewing weekend. Despite my great joy at getting a replacement Kitchenaid stand mixer, all I made was waffle batter; I wasn't going to be eating anything other than mush, after all. Tonight, though, I'm trying something new, I promise; details to follow tomorrow (after I figure them out).
So, I'm sure some of you will recall the lunatic who bought 10 yards each of 2 different greens and a yellow jersey knit fabric. Yes, that lunatic was me. Now that I'm somewhat recovered from 3 hours with Kevin the dentist this morning (and drooling less), this is what the weekend produced:
Yellow princess seamed summer dress. I had a favorite pattern, which has somehow disappeared in the last 2 summers. I don't lose things! This was distressing. I did, however, have one dress which I made from that pattern and hated. The fit was fine, but the fabric looked funky to me. So I carefully chopped it up, and replicated the pattern pieces. This is the blurry result; sorry for the photo quality!
Today I wore a princess seamed, short sleeved top I made from an adapted pattern. The original pattern buttoned down the front; I don't wear buttons down the front. Gap problems, if you get my drift. It worked out well; actually, I've made this about 4 times, and love it. I may try it with long sleeves, but that's a project for September, not August.
I also made this tank top. Nothing special, but fast and easy. I've made this before, so I knew I'd feel good by getting it done quickly.
Last up was this ballerina top. In 1999, I bought a bunch of these in a rainbow of colors. In 2004, I decided I was fat, and these tops were too short. So I took the shortest one apart, made a pattern from it, and I've made a couple of these, too. Good for spring and all wear (and my dearly beloved just loves the neckline).
So, now my desire for yellow clothing is somewhat fulfilled, and I still have about 5 yards. This fabric is really, really wide, so it went a long way!