I think I just made up a word there. Oh well, no matter.
The cold weather finally inspired me to put in the hours of sewing needed to finish the red burnout velvet dressing gown I cut out a few weeks back. I finished it this afternoon, and of course, had to try it on. Naturally, I didn't want to take it off and get dressed again after determining that it's perfect, but that's the way life goes. It also goes without saying that this fabric is washable. I don't have much of anything that goes to the dry cleaners, and certainly not anything which is other than holiday wear.
I also cut out the dress from the eggplant colored fabric. Time will tell if I picked out the right design, but I think it'll work well. That's probably next week's project, if I don't get sucked into something else, like Halloween costumes, or the 6 throw pillows I keep forgetting about to match the drapes I made last year for my front room, or the million other things that go with a big family and big house.
In 6th grade Calvert, the kids are studying the history of sculpture.
Their art projects are based upon this study. The first was a scarab, and this is Ryan's. I promised Paula's twins a picture, and here it is. The ovencraft clay is great stuff, and the Pebeo glaze gives it a nice shine. Of course, both can be baked in the home oven, otherwise it wouldn't work for homeschool projects.
Now, off to create some interesting dinner or other!