Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Cookbook Wednesday: French Women, Part Deux

When Jeffrey found last week's cookbook for me, he also found its sequel, French Women for all Seasons.
 This one is based on seasonal foods.  There is the conversational part at the beginning, 40 pages or so, which caused me to question whether this was a cookbook or a novel,
 But there are recipes.  Green pellets, anyone? (Did I tell you that one of my daughter's specifications for the caterer at her wedding was that there are to be no peas in any form at the reception?)
 Recipes are arranged by seasonal availability, and include salads, soups and main dishes.

 There are also a week's worth of menu suggestions for each season.  I like that.

 Lots and lots and more lots of verbiage about wine. Yawn. I know some folks love wine, beer and spirits, but my sweet tooth just says, "Why bother?"
 At last!  Here's my section!
 This is Cookbook Wednesday, which I'm hosting while Louise is on sabbatical until later this summer!
Let me know if you want to link up!  Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Edited to Add: 

Grannie's Pantries: Omelettes Take Manhattan!
 

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this book! I haven't tried any of her recipes yet, but have folded back quite a few pages of ones I want to try. I DID, however, try a couple of her recommendations for homemade facial masks (p. 197). It was the first time I've blended up lettuce leaves to put on my face. Made me feel like I was a salad :)

Poppy Crocker said...

Thanks for the link! I do like wine, but I know absolutely nothing about it, and verbiage about it just reminds me how unsophisticated I am...

Anonymous said...

Wine? Bien sur -- it's an official food group in France.

Pam said...

Chocolate brioche? Yes please! The cookbook looks like a good one.

Dexter said...

I like the idea of seasonal menus. Even though my local grocery store has almost any fruit or vegetable you can want year round, it always seems a little weird to eat stuff like pears in the middle of winter.

Mango Momma