Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cookbook Wednesday: French Women Don't Get Fat

Jeff found this book for me somewhere, and thought I'd enjoy it because I like French cooking.  He also made a perfectly adorable comment about how his mother must be French, because she doesn't get fat. (He'd tell you this is why he's the favorite son.)

Is it a real book?

 Or is it a cookbook?
 Or maybe some of both.
 Jeff was right about one thing: some of these recipes are worth another look.

 And, really, is there anyone who couldn't stand to lose a couple of pounds before her first daughter's wedding?  Especially when it's delicious? (I'm not so big on the exercise involved....)
 This is Cookbook Wednesday, a tradition I'm carrying on for Louise, who is on hiatus.  Let me know if you want to link up!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Edited to add:

Grannie's Pantries: Casual Country Cookbook (you have to see her comments on this one)

6 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

That cookbook is a good fine. How different are the recipes from way back when
Lily & Edward

Poppy Crocker said...

Thank you for linking me! I haven't looked at "French Women Don't Get Fat," but now you've got me curious. I might have to check the library. Post it if you try one of the recipes. :-)

Rhodesia said...

Sounds interesting and mostly I think it is right about French women don't get fat. There are of course exceptions to that statement!!! Have a good day Diane

Pam said...

I've heard this cookbook is really great! I don't think you need to lose any weight before your daughter's wedding. I hope you will post photos of the big day here on the blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

The chicken poached in champagne looks intriguing...

Sue said...

I've only known two French women and they were both too mean to get fat.