Friday, August 29, 2014

College

Well, last weekend we took Ryan off to Penn State.  Here are Mark and his father, preparing to unload the trunk while Ryan trotted off to collect his room key (and a free t-shirt).


His room is a perfectly normal college room, complete with concrete block walls (they have to keep rowdy young men from kicking holes in walls somehow, plus block is pretty fireproof).  I was impressed by the amount of shelving in the room.  Here they all are, making sure the bed is adequate in size, and rumpling the bed I'd just made for him.  Gotta get to feel at home somehow!

Ryan's room was not carpeted, so I ordered him an area rug from the website for the big-box store with the blue sign that's in every city.  Hey, shipping was free, and I sent him some granola bars as well, so he's a pretty happy boy.  Me, I'm adjusting to a too-empty house.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Big Dude said...

Are you now at a bunch down and one to go. What all colleges have your kids attended.

Ann Made Studio said...

I didn't like to see my children leave home but it is wonderful to see them succeed. Enjoy your weekend!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Good luck kid that's awesome
Lily & Edward

Anonymous said...

You solved the mystery of the block walls. (Your husband looks very handsome; the new diet becomes him.)

SissySees said...

What a fun photo of those three! Time flies...

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Marjie!

Oh goodness, I do remember those rooms. Just curious, what color rug did you order? I'm guessing Penn State Blue, lol...

Hubby sure does look healthy. You are doing a fantastic job keeping him healthy.

I know you are probably feeling sad about now. Sending hugs wishing you lots of new Marjie adventures! So, what do you want to be when you grow up???

P.S. The Italian Feast was overloaded with food. I really had to put the breaks on and completely went off my diet while there! Good thing I've gotten use to eating less or I would have rolled away. Sorry to hear about Connecticut...

Pam said...

Gulp. It's hard for me to believe he is in college already. How are you doing?

grace said...

holy cow! my little brother just got his phd from penn state! i love that town, tell your son to eat at herwigs. :)

Lapdog Creations said...

Which Penn State campus did he go off too? Not Reading by any chance???