Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Garden Tuesday: Hydrangea

Some of you will remember my daughter planting a hydrangea in my courtyard a couple of years back.  And by "planting", I'm sure you remember her directing her brothers to dig a hole and move the plant from her car to said hole.  That's a good way to plant, in my book.  It's occurred more than once around here.


Well, said hydrangea is growing nicely, and has bloomed in the past week!


The old hydrangea which was large when we got here, and so must be at least 30 years old, is a little slower.  No matter; it will catch up soon.

Happy Garden Tuesday, everyone!

9 comments:

pam said...

Yes, I do remember her planting that hydrangea! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I remember, too! Excellent.

Sue said...

That's my style of planting, point and command.

SissySees said...

Beautiful! I use the same planting method here too.

Big Dude said...

hydrangea's have always been one of my favorite plants and I know exactly what it feels like to be the boy in your planting scenario.

gMarie said...

Is there another way to plant? I take it so far as to say - I really like those plants and then walk away. It works! g

Lapdog Creations said...

It's gorgeous!

Dexter said...

They tend to be very enthusiastic plants. Always a pleasure to look at.

Mango Momma

Claire S. said...

Yep, I remember that. She's got the right idea and some very accommodating brothers !