Sunday, August 17, 2014

I Got a Book?

Last week was very busy.  Next week will be even busier.  Ryan goes to college on Friday.  I'm rather depressed about it, truth be told; I'm going to miss the "little" weasel.  So I don't know how much I'll be posting for the next week or 2.

Last Wednesday, when I was taking Mark somewhere, we found a box that Fedex had delivered to in front of my gate.  Shoot, it's not like they don't know how to open the gate and walk through it.  It's not even like they can't see the house and know they can walk 150 feet from the gate to the front door.  It's just that the damn fool driver is lazy.  Anyway, I had Mark grab the box, tossed it into the back seat of the car, and promptly forgot about it until yesterday.  (Good thing I went out and found it; it poured much of Tuesday and Wednesday, and into Thursday morning.)  So, when I opened the box, I found this:

I didn't order it; there was no packing slip, no note and no return address.  So the book is of mysterious origin, but I'm looking forward to reading it.  There's nothing like a nice, new book to catch one's interest, is there?

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.  See you at some time!

9 comments:

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Marjie. Wowza, can't complaint about a new free book :-)
Bad luck for the poor person waiting for their book to arrive though. Funny isn't it how you can have one less in the household and it makes it seem so much quieter. The other day I looked back on some old home video of when our kids were all small (around 2yr to 13 yrs) and the thing I noticed was how noisy it was. I can't remember that though, when I think back on those times. Funny. Take care and hope you enjoyed the book. No worries, and love, Carol

Anonymous said...

How intriguing. I suspect it's from one of your kids.

SissySees said...

What fun! A book fairy...

Pam said...

Can't beat a free book and it looks like a good one.

I can't believe Ryan is starting college. Time has flown by hasn't it? Wow. Sending love your way.

Sue said...

What a nice surprise. I'll take a gift book anytime. Just hope it's a good read.

pam said...

It was the one you won from my blog, silly!

Dexter said...

Awesome. The magical book drop. Why not?

Unknown said...

Nice to find a book in a box addressed to you.

What happens if Fedex leaves a parcel, you don't know about it, and the rain destroys it? Odd system they have when the sender pays to have something delivered but there is a chance that it might not reach its intended recipient.

grace said...

don't be depressed! i'm happy you found an unexpected gift--it's those little surprises that keep life interesting!