Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Minimal Sewing

So, this summer my youngest son decided to teach himself to juggle.  He started with one tennis ball, worked up to 2 and then he had a request:  Bean bags for juggling.

So I picked out scraps of colorful fabrics and made 6 beanbags for my little juggler.  OK, on the sewing project scale, it's not even on the radar.  But it did make the little guy really happy.

And he's up to juggling 3 beanbags!  You can see all 3 of them in this picture if you look closely.  We're cheering him on to try 4, and maybe some day soon he'll be up to it!

14 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Looks like he's having fun... and how cool is it to just ask Mom to make him some snazzy new bags to juggle?

Blond Duck said...

Every time I juggle I smack myself in the head.

pam said...

That is a fun sewing project!! Something I could actually complete!

SissySees said...

Impressive - both that you think whipping out bags to juggle is no big deal and that he's doing three with ease already!

Two French Bulldogs said...

great idea!
Benny & Lily

Claire S. said...

Sewing the bags I could do, the actual juggling - not so much LOL - good for him !

gMarie said...

Just toss him another while he's juggling 3! Love the fabrics. And truly - any sewing is good sewing. This past weekend I turned for pairs of jeans into shorts for JB. It felt good to sit at the machine - even if it was low on the scale. g

Diane said...

Something different to sew LOL. Diane

Blond Duck said...

I'm headed to the beach for a week--talk to you whenI get back!

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

HOwdy Marjie, cool trick to learn. Everyone loves to watch juggling. Keep on practicing. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

monica said...

how neat is that! Soon he can join the circus!

Sue said...

My best friend juggles. A few years ago she gave me some juggling bags and a do it yourself book. I can do 2 and sometimes 3, but she can do 5 and sometimes 6.

Pam said...

Nice! I bet my kids would love these little bean bags and I could actually manage to make them!

Anonymous said...

I met someone recently who saved enough for college by working in a circus act. Just sayin.